Scheduled TAH 24 more hours to go (UPDATED: Surgery today (4/25) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

24 more hours to go (UPDATED: Surgery today (4/25) 24 more hours to go (UPDATED: Surgery today (4/25)

Unread 04-24-2011, 08:27 AM
24 more hours to go (UPDATED: Surgery today (4/25)

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe I only have 24 more hours to go! I thought the last 3 weeks would just drag on, but it went pretty fast. Granted there were days I couldn't wait for surgery and there were others that I was in a lot of pain and even a few days of total apprehension. I did try to get a lot of stuff done before surgery, and I figure I got most of them done. So my office is a mess, I can live with that.

Pre-op took several days and several drs. first medical release from my primary. Then the GYN/Oncologist reviewed it.. checked me over 1 last time. Then it was to the hospital last friday...Each little visit took half the day. Nothing unusual, but each office was very busy. The only thing was that the nurse at the hospital thought my pulse was a little low. I told her prayers and meditation are keeping me calm.

Today is going to be another busy day. Easter Mass this morning, Family coming over at noon. Then bowel prep.. UGH the dreaded bowel prep! Just hoping everything goes smoothly.

May the Lord, bless you and keep you safe. May the Angels and Saints pray for you and guide your surgeon's hands.
Saying a prayer for all those with surgery this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Re: 24 more hours to go

I wish you the best tomorrow! Sounds like you are calm and prepared.

Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you can post again.

Unread 04-24-2011, 12:46 PM

Hey Dinko!
I am also 24 hours out! The bowel prep is the worst, but the rewards will be worth it! Good luck to tomorrow- we can compare notes in a few days!
Jasper33
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2011, 12:53 PM

I think the bowel prep is the only thing really stressing me out. But I know it is for the best.

Jasper, good luck tomorrow! I will be saying a prayer for you
Unread 04-24-2011, 01:15 PM

The bowel prep wasn't bad at all, it wasn't worth the energy I wasted dreading it. My Dr. had told me to stop eating after 6pm, only jello or clear popcycles so there wasn't much to come out anyway (sorry, TMI). Now mind you, I had had the flu the weekend before, so two enemas were almost pleasant, lol.

Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 04-24-2011, 01:29 PM

Dinko prayers and happy thought to you too!
Shatzilkf, I had two days of liquid diet, including my 40th birthday!!!
After reading the posts on this site, I think my liquid diet will continue for a while. *Sigh*
Unread 04-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Good Luck and prayers are with you....let us know how everything goes when you feel up to it....my surgery is soon after....3 more days

God Bless
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatziLKF View Post
The bowel prep wasn't bad at all, it wasn't worth the energy I wasted dreading it. My Dr. had told me to stop eating after 6pm, only jello or clear popcycles so there wasn't much to come out anyway (sorry, TMI). Now mind you, I had had the flu the weekend before, so two enemas were almost pleasant, lol.

Good luck tomorrow!
2 enemas? did you have to do "go lytely" first?
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM

good luck, dinko! come back when you feel better and let us know how it went..my date is in 2 weeks!
Unread 04-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinko View Post
2 enemas? did you have to do "go lytely" first?
Nope, just the restricted diet and the 2 enemas. Wish that was the prep for a colonoscopy, 'cause now I'm fearing that next.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register