heavy bleeding anyone? When to go to ER? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

heavy bleeding anyone? When to go to ER? heavy bleeding anyone? When to go to ER?

Unread 10-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Re: heavy bleeding anyone? When to go to ER?

Glad to hear you're okay! I was in the ER yesterday for the same thing except i had one big clot the size of a fist!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2013, 05:45 AM

That is so scary! I am sorry you ended up at the ER but hopefully they treated the problem. I hope your doctor is going to follow up with you and your recovery. I went one week later after my repairs, and she has had me come every two weeks since. It gives peace of mind. Please take care of yourself and follow restrictions carefully.
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:37 AM

Gracious! Thank goodness you're alright and hopefully on your way to healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2013, 07:37 AM

I had the same thing happen to me last week about same time in my recovery. passed 4 huge clots and non stop bleeding every time I stood up. I did go to e/r , and they checked me over and did a scan to make sure there was not bleeding anywhere else. It started suddenly in the morning(my first day back to work) and when I went to e/r , it miraculously slowed way down. I would suggest you go to the e/r just to get checked. It eased my mind immensely, and with everything else that is going on in our bodies at this time, stress is the last thing you need! Hope you feel better soon!!
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:47 AM

MaWaters--mine where the size of fists too. It sounds like there is a number of us this happens to. I wonder why? Yah, I have a follow up this Wed. I have to say, this surgery has been the hardest on me out of all.
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:13 AM

104k21---- At least we find out early enough where it wasn't anything serious....the er physician told me I was very lucky! I think we don't realize the seriousness of the surgery we had....we'll get there
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:12 AM

Well guess what? The bleeding started up again. Filling a pad about every hour 1/2 now. I'm so TIRED OF THIS!!! And you know what else I am tired of? I am SICK and tired of many of my friends telling me that "obviously I did too much". Would you believe I have been on bedrest all day? Unless you count the times I got up and went to the bathroom...bunch of morons--sorry had to vent that.
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:50 AM

OH NO! You should go back to the ER. That is a dangerous situation. Keep us updated!
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:12 AM

Ugh! Please keep updating!
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:41 AM

104k21, it is Larks here that had the repairs. Call the doctor and go back to the ER. It wasn't until my third time that they realized the broken suture had damaged behind my vaginal cuff and had punctured a blood vessel. I had to have that area repaired too. My bleeding did not stop either until this was finally found.

Try to not listen to these ignorant people! I did not do anything either but follow directions. Going to the bathroom is necessary!

Please keep me updated. I know how you feel.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register