Day 5 after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 5 after hysterectomy Day 5 after hysterectomy

Unread 05-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Day 5 after hysterectomy

ok, so I am home. it was not as bad as I expected. I would say its a cross between a tummy tuck and a c section pain wise... my surgery was as the Dr.put it, text book surgery. no complications, one hour to remove the whole baby factory...
All they found was a little polyp that turned to be benign thank god.
I was lucky to have a very nice lady Dr anesthesiologist, and she put the smallest tube in my throat after I told her I am sensitive. I woke up with no pain or dryness in my throat. Moved to recovery and eventually my room. The hardest part was at the hospital they just will not let you sleep, checking vital signs every hour, changing IV bag, changing pee bag asking questions in the middle of the night... there was no point to take sleeping pills because they do not let you rest. After the DR. rounds I was allowed regular diet, but the food was not very good, I was just happy I can swallow and chew. drank a lot on top of the IV fluid, kept taking my colace. Catheter came of day 2.Gas came day 2, first in middle stomach, then burps . Did not start farting till day 3 when I was home, but I still have tons of gas pain. ate prunes, banana, apple sauce soup and drank lots of water. I only get to fart few times a day and the rest is painful attempts that get aborted just as it reaches the rectum. I was thinking of taking gas X but afraid that would slow down my eventual BM what do you ladies think?? Its not even close... I guess I was very empty and have not yet filled up... scared of taking laxative because those give me the worst cramps I have Swiss kriss, think I will try it tonight. They did put an estrogen patch on my tummy at the hospital ,but I am having hot flashes due to the gas pains...walking around a lot, even went down the stairs and up by myself. (with my husband watching behind me just in case) I did put a compression garment and a sponge between that and my incision. it helps to hold everything in when I get up to the bathroom or when I walk. I am hunched over but not so much. I think I am one of the lucky ones... maybe due to my Pilates 3 months prior and the fact I expected the worst. Stopped the Percocet yesterday, I am on Motrin every 6 hours now. I wonder if all these are signs of a quicker recovery... feedback??? hope u all r recovering well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Re: Day 5 after

Gas-x should not affect bowel movements at all! Go for it, and welcome home
Unread 05-26-2014, 03:39 PM

Thank you, Going for it now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2014, 04:38 PM

Iam day 5 as well. Finally went bm a little...Im taking gasx. Iam noticing if I walk too much I get weak and kinda dizzy. Iam also experiencing numbness on my toes ...strange.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register