November 13, 2003 Surgery Date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

November 13, 2003 Surgery Date November 13, 2003 Surgery Date

Unread 11-06-2003, 06:37 AM
November 13, 2003 Surgery Date

I am preparing for my Surgery - Laproscopic Hysterctomy leaving in my ovaries. I do not have a clue what to expect or how to prepare? What should I pack for the hospital - will they allow me to wear my own things? I am clueless on what to expect from the whole thing. Also very nervous and anxious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Check out this link

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=170

The hospital will basically give you anything you need (they even brought me a toothbrush/paste even though I brought my own).

The main thing to bring is your own pillow - it will help you sleep and you can use the ones they have for back/knee support.
Unread 11-06-2003, 07:10 AM

Leedaw, please read the link that Pam gave you for the preop articles. The post op ones can help a bit too. Here is the link to that.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=171

If you go to the message boards "button" right under the logo for the site you will also find the Hyster Sisters Resource forum. There is a good resource for preop and post op there also. Jusst keep asking us your questons. ALso, if you go back and put your surgery date in your profile then you will get put on our calendar and get some special greetings for your day.

Linda >^..^<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 07:38 AM

What type of Laprascopic hyst? I had an LSH and was home the same day as surgery. Three small incisions, one in my belly button and one on each side of my bikini line. No external sutures, just steri strips. My cervix was cauterized to avoid the mini-periods and to close the area up. The first few days were the roughest and by two weeks I was feeling great. My belly did swell up and I found my make shift swelly belly belt really helped. Basically, once the anesthesia affects wore off, I was feeling pretty darn good.

Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions or you just want to talk. Laprascopic is the way to go in my opinion!

Good luck,

Amy
Unread 11-10-2003, 10:07 AM
November 13, 2003

Hi - just wanted to know if anyone has experienced the same scenario - I have adnomyosis (sp?) and enlarged uterus and cysts on ovaries. Problems with periods, etc. I am scheduled for a procedure on 11/13. This Thursday - yikes! Anyway - the doctor said she would remove uterous laproscopically - only if
my unterous is not too large? Then it would be converted right then to a abdominal surgery.

Is it possible if this is the case they can still remove through the vagina if they cut it up first? Has anyone every experienced that?
Someone asked me that and they said I should ask about this rather than going through abs. The doctor did suggest I take hormones for three months to try and shrink it? I said know because I do not tolerate hormones will at all. Rather just get past the whole mess!

Anxious to hear from you.

Thank you so much for the site - I have learned so much!

Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register