It's My Pity Party and I'll cry if I want to. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's My Pity Party and I'll cry if I want to. It's My Pity Party and I'll cry if I want to.

Unread 09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
It's My Pity Party and I'll cry if I want to.

Everyone seems to have a supportive DH. Oh no, not me. He seems to take it with a grain of salt. Actually compared my upcoming TVH, TVT, A&P reapir to his vasectomy. So, I find out yesterday that his boss is on vac. the week of my sugery and of course he can only be there during the sugery and not after that day and who knows about tha next day. That means my kids can't come and see me either. So, I told him to drop me off that day and go back home, I will call and you can pick me up when I get released, if you can manage. I have no friends or family where I live, so I will be by myself in the Hosp. *punch* Sorry, I am just venting....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 10:40 AM

I am so sorry. I am a single parent but luckily I have my parents. For me I dont even remember the first almost 2 days so I would think you may feel the same.

Do you have church friends? Coworkers? A neighbor? If I were closer I would come and help out. Just remember we are all here for you!

Take care
GA
(((A vasectomy? maybe you should pull up some info and let him read, but he probably still want get it!))
Unread 09-12-2005, 10:45 AM

Oh, hun I wish your hubby's boss wouldn't have pulled this! That's awful

As for your hubby comparing your surgery to his vasectomy: just remember "MEN ARE WIMPS" if they had to deal with the slightest bit of what we go through, they'd think they were dying!

Maybe your doctor could send a note or make a phone call to your hubby about what you will be needing after surgery and also send one to your hubby's job to explain the need for his presence at your side.

I pray that something will work out here for the best.

Hang in there, and don't forget to take it easy!! Hopefully, your hubby will come through, in spite of the way he's being now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 10:48 AM

Thats terrible to have to feel that way. I can't speak for your dh but as for mine, he is horrible at expressing his concerns and emotions. Mine will act like he don't care when he actually does. Is it possible your dh needs time to obsorb it all and sort it out on his own. Your the one going through the physicall procedure but he still has to go through the emotional one as well. Give him some time he might surprise you in the end. I hope so. Good luck.
P.S. this is a great place to vent.
Unread 09-12-2005, 10:48 AM

oh my goodness..If you need a friend,Im here!
Unread 09-12-2005, 10:59 AM
alittle more insight

My biggest problem with this is, I have had 4 family members die in Oct. and it is like a " walking on eggshells type of month". So, I am happy about the sugery, but very scared, too. I even had all my living wills and etc. done. I know down deep it is a matter of your time to go, but how scarey. I won't re schedule though. I take anti deppresants (can you tell). This don't help.
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:04 AM

Im so sorry to hear about your losses.When is your surgery?
You can email me directly at
CheriGS@aol.com
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:06 AM
They are ONLY men...

SOME MEN ARE JUST JERKS.....and sometimes they can not deal with anything serious. Maybe he's afraid and choses NOT to deal with it..and maybe it'll go away!
We can't blame them, they are what they are
That's why GOD made US..because women are way more evolved and can handle situations..WE ARE GODDESSES.
Remember that and vent anytime you want...thats why we're here!!
JoAnn
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:17 AM

Mine usually is very supportive. Then again, he has his moments when he can be such an idot. I'm trying to be cool, calm & collected about this surgery, but may be I'm beginning to stress.
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:20 AM

Well we are all here for each other.Iwas wondering if anyone has experienced being tired all the time .This is week three and now I feel exhausted

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register