question??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:10 PM
question???

My doctor has given me the ok to get back to work...My THA was done on 01/25/07.
Now here's my question..Should I go back to work, They are willing to give me extra 4 weeks off. Just wondering if thats the right thing to do, or do you think I would be ok, as Doctor seems to think...I work with elderly people and I have to do some lifting. Some weigh anywhere from 80-185lbs not to mention that is not dead-weight. Which they normally are!!
I'm a bit worried about going back, I still have pain on my sides almost where my ovaries once were. Not all the time, but enough to where its bothersome.

Am I crazy, or is the Doctor right?

Thanks everyone in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 04:23 PM
question???

Patty,
IMHO if you can take the extra time why not take it? It sounds like you have a very physically demanding job. If it were me, I would take the extra time.
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:26 PM
question???

I'd take the time also. I went back to work at 6 weeks, and I have an office job which just exhausts me. If they said to me take an extra four weeks, I'd be running out the door!

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 04:28 PM
question???

I agree! If your job is willing to let you have the extra time TAKE IT!!! It doesnt hurt to have a little extra no matter what the DR says!!! And sounds like from your job you NEED that extra time. Stay home and be a Princess a few more weeks!!!
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
question???

I agree with Kim...if you a physically demanding job where you are lifting people, I would take the extra time. My dr told me no lifting of anything that I couldn't lift with one hand for 12 weeks. If you do go back, please be very cautious when lifting.

Best wishes

Wendy
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
question???

If you can financially afford to take four more weeks off, it's a good idea. Heal as much as possible before you need to lift other people. You only have this one chance to heal right after your surgery. Don't feel guilty. Just remember that it's a temporary situation and four more weeks could be great for your health and future life. Relax and do some low energy activities for a month. Enjoy and be well.
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
question???

If you have the option of taking another 4 weeks, that's great. If on the other hand you want to try going back to work, arrange with your supervisor that it may be temporary, considering your surgery. I'm 4 months out and still get sore if I lift alot. It all depends on the person. You can probably handle it!
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
question???

When was the last time your doctor lifted 80 to 185 pounds of dead weight? I would take off the time and work out more each day to get ready for the rigors of direct patient care. I think that if you went back too early and got hurt you would end up feeling worse. ITs hard to not work but you could "train" with those 4 weeks. Take the offer.
Unread 03-19-2007, 06:28 PM
question???

Thanks everyone for your input...I've talked to husband and we have decided to have me talk to my boss and discuss this better, she has had this done also,and was not back to work til 10 weeks then with NO lifting. So I will take it from there...Thanks everyone!!

what a great site this is, I wish I would of found it before surgery, but thankful I found you now!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register