am I normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:57 AM
am I normal?

Hello ladies!

I am 2 wks post op, lavh left one ovary...I read so many posts about how other women with the same procedure feel so much better than I do and am confused. I have alot of pressure in my right side and tummy feels more swollen on this side. Doc left my right ovary so I didn't think my right side would be the one giving me trouble. I cramp alot like if I was on my period. I cannot sleep on my right side, not really painful just uncomfortable. This morning when I woke up I had a slight discharge with some odor. I should also mention that I had some scar tissue removed right inside the vaginal opening that had thickened through the years due to a tear during childbirth. I also notice a pale pink discharge mainly after urination and still have to wear a panty liner. The brownish discharge ceased about 3 days after surgery, a day later the pale pink started. also is it normal that I only have one post op checkup and its at 6 weeks? :hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
am I normal?

That all sounds pretty normal to me, except for maybe the discharge. I never had any after the first couple of days, though I've seen many others here comment on theirs. I would keep an eye on it though, especially if there's an odor - could be sign of an infection.

The rest of it though is pretty much average. I'll be at 7 weeks on Friday and it's only in the last 10 days I've been able to sleep on my side. It's quite a relief too, because I don't sleep well on my back, not to mention when I do, I snore!

The first month I was having a lot of naps, weird pains that would come and go and still taking ibuprofen on a regular basis.

I also only had the 6 week appt to see the doc, though I moved it to 7 weeks cause I was busy this week. However, a couple of weeks ago I went to the walk-in clinic because I thought I had a UTI (didn't) and while I was there got the doc to check my incision. If you're having what you think are unusual pains, or think you might have an infection, by all means call the doc and ask for an earlier appointment. That's what they're there for.

Remember we all have our individual rates of recovery. Yes, there are some ladies on here that seem to have terrific recoveries, easy and quick. But you'll find there are also lots who aren't doing as well as you either. You'll get there, the first couple of weeks were the worst for me.

Take care.

HollyK
Unread 06-08-2005, 10:18 AM
am I normal?

I'm exactly 2 weeks post op today and also had LAVH leaving one ovary. I think everyone is individual and you had some other repairs. I do not have any discharge and only minimal discomfort anymore. The pain I do have is not focused and neither do I have any lopsided swelling, just some swelly belly, mostly at night.
I have a 2 week follow up appointment. I do think ^ weeks is unusal. Are you sure you didn't forget the post op instructions? I would call your OBG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2005, 10:50 AM
am I normal?

I will be 2 wks tomorrow. I had pink discharge for about 3 or 4 days then it stopped. At about 7 days post the brown discharge began and has not ceased.

There should be no odor though. Odor is usually indicative of an infection. Call your Dr. and tell them all that you have told us here. Better safe than sorry and you are after all paying them for their services.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register