New And Scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New And Scared New And Scared

Unread 07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
New And Scared

Hi Chrissy ...Thank you for the prayers...one can never get enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
New And Scared

Spencer my bladder had dropped so much that the Urologist felt it would be better to have the double sling, the top sling was to protect the bladder from being squeezed by the uterus as women that had children bore a greater risk of it later shifting (not going to be a problem after Friday huh? (grins) and the bottom sling of course to draw the bladder up. You may want to ask your Doctor if that would be an option he may be thinking of, my only concern is that these can erode in 20-30 years, and it may have to be done again but am being optimistic about that side of things, bear in mind this was 2004, maybe they have made strides even since then and the ones now don't have that concern?
Unread 07-16-2008, 09:28 PM
New And Scared

Thank's Marsha...I guess my doctor is probably thinking along the same lines.... since he plans on doing the hysterectomy at the same time as my bladder sling he probably isn't all that concerned with my future risk of bearing children and shifting my bladder. I was just discussing your succesful result from your bladder hammock/sling w/my husband and we both thank you sooo much for giving me something to look forward to .I am terrified of this whole mess. I have been through way too many surgeries (none elective)and dread the recovery process even more than the procedure....knowing it has really helped others makes a huge difference ....THANK YOU!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
scared as well

Hello....I'm new to this site also. I am 45 years old and am scheduled to have a hysterectomy on the 24th of this month. The Dr. is taking everything but my left ovary, since there is nothing wrong with it. I'm worried about the vaginal cuff and how will sex be after. I am sooooo frightened about the surgery and what will happen during and after the surgery. I've read so many posts about women having a bladder lift and numerous other things done, but my doctor never mentioned any of this to me. I'm so frightened, that I'm honestly thinking about cancelling my surgery and just trying to deal with the heavy bleeding and blood clots and the fibroid tumours. Thank you........
Unread 07-17-2008, 04:56 AM
New And Scared

Hi Spencer,

I had all the work done as part of the same procedure. The entrocele was found at the time of surgery and repaired then, the plication was done as right before closing the vaginal cuff.
Unread 07-17-2008, 06:31 AM
New And Scared

Spencer you are more than welcome, it really is a god send that they are able to do these surgeries now days. Give you a bit of a laugh to start the day here ~ BEFORE The Bladder Lift: I used to drink a bit and was ummm pursuing this man I had my eye on, well he was supposed to come over to my house one night but had to cancel, I was a bit peeved and said "fine but "IF" you change your mind I won't be here, but will be at thus and such bar and there might be someone in my bed in the morning so don't bother coming over" and hung up the phone ~ Now at this time had not woke to the reality of my incontinence and was not yet wearing depends ~ got dressed to the nines, and went out to the bar.

About three hours and 4 drinks (enough to get well started on the way to getting looped) I was flirting with a man in walked the guy I liked, well immediately he pulled me to him and bought me another drink, sat on his bar stool and we started talking ~ remember I'm more than halfway in the sheets ~ I umm kind of straddled his leg and was getting ready to lean in and whisper to him when I had a coughing fit ~ ahem ~ well needless to say it was not a fun result for me, nor for him with a soaking wet leg but he was very chivalrous about it and just brushed it off as if nothing happened but did call me a cab and send me home ~ talk about mortified, I went out the next day and got a 64 count bag of depends panties ~ ~ I no longer drink but the surgery was set for later that year and when I found out that for real and true I could actually not wear depends 24/7 I sent my urologist a dozen roses.

Truly it is the best thing in the world you can get done and I am sure the life you remember before the leaking and such will be restore 100% to you (soft smile)

Liberty794 (((((((((((Hugs)))))))) You are in the best place to have support, help, advice and just shoulders to cry upon and big hearts to give what you need that you will soon be like me, running all over the boards, asking this question, helping other people, feeling really good about the surgery and looking forward to it. I go to the palace (hospital) tomorrow and as soon as I am able will put a report on the "Tell your "Hyst Story" thread here and also will try to keep giving back of the help that was given to me as well as asking for help and advice on the "Post Op" board ~ (((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) It's your choice but I would say give it a bit more time of being here in this wonderful place of support and help before you even think about cancelling, you may find that you soon look forward to the procedure
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM
New And Scared

Liberty794,

Having been through all this, I just want to let you know that sex after the surgery is good. I know that not everyone has the same outcome, but the majority seem to. My husband noticed no difference and likes the fact that there is no more protection in the way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register