I'm off to the Castle this morning | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm off to the Castle this morning I'm off to the Castle this morning

Unread 06-16-2009, 04:50 AM
I'm off to the Castle this morning

Just a quick note that I am off to the castle. I'm scared and a little weepy, but the relief from all this pain will be very welcome. Thank you to all my sisters who let me into their lives to share their experiences with me so that my journey could be a little easier. A very special thanks to Marsela who answered all my questions about the process of recovery.

I'll write when I get back. And I hope to support my sisters as well as I got supported. I can't thank you all enough.

Sincerely,
anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Re: I'm off to the Castle this morning

All the best. I will be joining you in two days. My prayers are with you ALL day!
Unread 06-16-2009, 07:21 AM

You are in my prayers ocalagal63
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2009, 07:42 AM

and we will see you in Post Op. Please let us know how you are doing!

Unread 06-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalagal63 View Post
Just a quick note that I am off to the castle. I'm scared and a little weepy, but the relief from all this pain will be very welcome. <snip> Sincerely, anne
Dear Anne,

I just found this post...I know you're already gone but wanted to give you a big welcome-home party!

Welcome to the "other" side. Can't wait to read your progress reports!

:hugs5:

marisela
Unread 06-17-2009, 02:08 PM

I'm home. They kept me overnight because my surgery started to late and because I was in surgery for 4 hours removing a 1.5lb fibroid. The fibroid had fused to my right ovary and had stolen it's blood supply which is why the thing got so huge. Doc said the uterus was the size of a cantaloupe! Bye, Bye Fibroid!!!

I'm up and walking around. I don't fee too bad other than I feel like I did 500 sit-up. Sore in the belly but absolutely no gas or pelvic pain. No dietary restrictions. DH made me homemade chicken soup.

Marsela - that's for the tip with the tea. It made a huge difference. I was drinking lots of hot tea and juice after surgery. I absolutely LOVED my catheter. I didn't want them to take it out. There is nothing as wonderful as drinking and drinking and not having to run to the bathroom!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!
This group is the best, a
Unread 06-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalagal63 View Post
I'm home. They kept me overnight because my surgery started to late and because I was in surgery for 4 hours removing a 1.5lb fibroid. The fibroid had fused to my right ovary and had stolen it's blood supply which is why the thing got so huge. Doc said the uterus was the size of a cantaloupe! Bye, Bye Fibroid!!!

I'm up and walking around. I don't fee too bad other than I feel like I did 500 sit-up. Sore in the belly but absolutely no gas or pelvic pain. No dietary restrictions. DH made me homemade chicken soup.

Marsela - that's for the tip with the tea. It made a huge difference. I was drinking lots of hot tea and juice after surgery. I absolutely LOVED my catheter. I didn't want them to take it out. There is nothing as wonderful as drinking and drinking and not having to run to the bathroom!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!
This group is the best, a
Welcome home! Sounds like everything went swimmingly for you!

Yeah, wasn't it great to drink all those liquids and be able to snooze whenever you wanted to? I was fortunate that I wasn't awake for the cath going in. I was anxious about it coming out (it hurt the last time I had one), but the nurse was ever-so-gentle about taking it out and I had zero problems peeing within a half hour.

Hope you get a great night of sleep and looking forward to seeing more updates from you! BTW, did you get to see the da Vinci robot? They let me stay awake until I saw it...I was pretty excited about that!

mari
Unread 06-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisela View Post
Dear Anne,

I just found this post...I know you're already gone but wanted to give you a big welcome-home party!

Welcome to the "other" side. Can't wait to read your progress reports!

:hugs5:

marisela
Hey you guys could you turn down the noise up there that party is getting out of hand!!

Welcome home ocalagal63!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register