What a great site!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What a great site!!! What a great site!!!

Unread 12-29-2000, 11:48 AM
What a great site!!!

I've just found this site...and not a moment too soon! I will be having a TAH (I think--ovaries are staying)on January 3. I was diagnosed with fibroids in October. I've seen several saying the size of their fibroids but my doctor didn't mention anything about that. Never had any problems before, then in October started having irregular periods.

Of course, I'm very nervous, but kind of know what to expect since my sister had TAH-BSO in June. It sure seems easier comforting someone else than being comforted!!

Still have lots of questions and looking forward to posting and hearing from the "experts" on this board!!

Thank You!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2000, 12:05 PM
What a great site!!!

Welcome - I'm so glad you found us! I had a TAH in August due to a large fibroid, and I didn't really have any symptoms or difficulties, but wanted it gone! I hope you read as much of this site as you can, and please feel free to post all your questions here - that's what we're here for!
Unread 12-29-2000, 04:08 PM
What a great site!!!

I had a TAH on 12/19 for fibroids. Mine were the size of a walnut, and one like a golfball. They are often a case of "size doesn't matter" though. You could have very small ones causing all kinds of trouble, or amazingly big ones that don't bother their owner much.

How great that you have a doctor who was so quick to diagnose them! You're the first woman I've heard with that story. The rest, myself included, put up with years of variously weird periods, while their doctors assured them they were perfectly normal, and not to worry about it. Mine messed around with different BCPs for over 3 years, until things got so bad I just couldn't function, telling me the whole time that it couldn't be fibroids, and making no effort to actually find the problem.

Give your doctor a big pat on the back.

If it helps your nerves any, I'm 10 days post-op, and my biggest problem is remembering to rest and not do much. I feel fine, just a little sore. I hope yours goes at least as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2000, 05:12 PM
What a great site!!!

Hello and welcome. We're glad you found us. Read, read, read and ask questions. We'll be here with you every step of the way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register