Prescription Laxative... N E 1 Tried this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prescription Laxative... N E 1 Tried this? Prescription Laxative... N E 1 Tried this?

Unread 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Prescription Laxative... N E 1 Tried this?

Hi all,

My Dr. gave me a prescription for some GlycoLax, which is a prescription strength laxative. I wonder if it's like gonna make me cramp and be married to the "john", or if it's mild... Just wondering if anyone has taken this before? It's a power, and you mix it with your drink of choice.

Twizz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2006, 03:48 PM

hello! My dr gave me a prescription also called Miralax...sounds like the same thing because it is a powder and I put it in my morning coffee. He teased me about it acting like an "atomic bomb" but it was fine...very mild, no cramps and took a day or so to work. I try to use it every morning ( directions say to use for 2 weeks) and it has been helpful...i also eat prunes daily. My bm's are starting to get normal! LOL
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:20 PM

hey there twizz! heather here.you and i seem to be on a similar path at times girlie! i give my 4 y/o glycolax every morning because, well, he is a kid that does not really want to go poop. he won't even look at it as "it is just gross mommy! flush it! flush it!" too funny. any way, he will put it off if he can. he has never mentioned a belly ache, at all, and he has been on it for a year, off and on. anyway, i gave it an eyeball there on the counter this morning. i have been having a b.m. on a regular daily basis. i just feel like i would really have to push hard to get the rest of it out. i was told not to push. sooooo i sit there....... back to my point, (sorry) i tried it this am. i didn't have any cramping. i did however, just get back from the loo! voila! mission accomplished. absolutely lovely. i think there were even birds singing! good luck twizz. i will send the canaries over for ya! hugs, heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2006, 04:49 PM

ooops!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register