Post on mouth issues? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post on mouth issues? Post on mouth issues?

Unread 09-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Post on mouth issues?

If I do have thrush what is the cure? becasue I do have all you mentioned a thick, gummy feeling, very sensitive and sore,especially to anything with acid or carbonation as soda pop!!! but still no spots, It started in the hospital but I wrote it off as the whole tube down the throat thing but this is going on 10 days now so I feel I may need medication.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Post on mouth issues?

Hi Cherrykitty,
First go to your MD or local clinic and ask for a throat swab to rule out Thrush. Your dr may prescribe medication because it has been so long now. Mine cleared up by the time the test results were back so I didn't require a scrip. Keep me updated. This is obviously more common than I thought. At first I thought it was probably a reaction to the tube thing and it also started in the hospital. You could even call your dr and ask their reccomendation on what you should be doing in the event it is positive for yeast. In any event by a new toothbrush and some really strong antibacterial mouthwash. Good Luck...
Unread 09-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Post on mouth issues?

Well I called my gyno, explained the signs and symptoms to the nurse and she said it sure does sound like THRUSH especially since I have a sensitivity to antibiotics, so they were calling something in. Thanx for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Me too

I also had it.The thing I can recall is that everthing teasted icky all the time but I got over that.The teast I described was like a metal or something like that.I didnt take anything but it went away.
Unread 09-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Post on mouth issues?

Have had thrush several times - usually as a response to antibiotics. Chewable acidopholus tablets help me. My doctor advised I do NOT use mouthwash, as it tends to kill the flora in your mouth and what you need is to re-establish a normal balance - which acidopholus helps. Yogurt with live culture also helps.
Unread 09-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Post on mouth issues?

Oh thanx for telling me that~ I've been using Listerine like crazy it hurts to the point of tears well up in my eyes but i thought it was helping!!!
Unread 09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Post on mouth issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottslanding
My doctor advised I do NOT use mouthwash, as it tends to kill the flora in your mouth and what you need is to re-establish a normal balance - which acidopholus helps.
I did not realize that. It always seemed to take the pain away for me so I used it and it went a way slowly.

Thanks for the information on that Nottslanding.
Unread 09-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Post on mouth issues?

Me too Peachy I was brought up to believe that Listerine would kill any germ known to man, I guess it killed way too many in my mouth good and bad! I have a prescription of Diflucan waiting for me at the pharmacy I sure hope it helps!
Unread 09-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Post on mouth issues?

I had a very dry mouth after surgery as well. I also had a bunch of sores as a result. I asked my dentist about it and he said that pain meds and probably all the other stuff they gave me was most likely the cause. It cleared up after a while.
Unread 09-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Post on mouth issues?

Hi knottslanding,
Thanks so much for your input. Have never had a problem like this before so your information is very valuable. I will keep the chewable acidopholus information for future reference. Like "peachprinceton", I felt the mouthwash or rinse helped with the symptons and that's why I used it. It makes sense what you said your dr told you. Will also file that for future reference. Thanks again...
And Cherrrykitty, I'm sure the Diflucon will relieve all your symptons...I hope you feel better...Happy Healing...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register