Just curious (tubal and hyst) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just curious (tubal and hyst) Just curious (tubal and hyst)

Unread 07-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Just curious (tubal and hyst)

This is for woman that have had their tubes tied and than ended up having a hyst.

Do you think there is any connection between the two?

Did you have issues before having your tubes tied?

Or do you think your hyst had nothing to do with having your tubes tied?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2008, 12:58 PM

You know, this is something I had thought about before. It makes sense to me, that if tubes are tied, eggs can't travel down the tubes to be fertilized. So, does the back up of eggs, have anything to do with causing ovarian cysts the reocurrance of them, and does that in fact, have anyhting to do with the development of fibroids. I had tubes tied in 1994, and that's when the cramps (albeit slightly started to increase). I already had my 4 week post op, but I will ask my doc during my annual in November.
Unread 07-27-2008, 02:37 PM

good question to ask

I had a tubal back when I was 27, due to not wanted more children, after 3 very close and 2 with special needs, and per the docs advice.

I am just 50 now and going in for TAH soon, I personally have never had problems other than irregular periods, which were fine, untill a little while back and thr heavy blledding and fibroids just came about recently.

Ask that doc, I will ask also about connections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2008, 05:00 PM

I know that mine is not related to my tubal. I had the problems I'm having now because of hormonal irregularities for many years. I haven't produced much estrogen or testosterone for a while -- my body is producing androgen and it's been driving me nuts!!

Mine is most likely caused from the Norplant birth control I used in the early 1990s. I did NOT want any more children with my first husband and I had them inserted. I went five years straight without a period. I was young and stuipd and thought I shouldn't ruin a good thing by having them removed. I was wrong...

After I had them removed, I'd remarried and wanted to get pregnant. My doctor told me that it would be very difficult because of the problems I'd had with having no periods. He said he would be stunned if I got pregnant within 6 months -- I did it in 3 and I had MANY complications. I demanded a tubal immediately after my second was born. I got it that evening, not just because I wanted it but because my doctor said it would be too dangerous to have any more.

This has always been just kind of a thing we were waiting to rear it's ugly head because of bad decisions on my part and not listening to him way back when. I hope you're able to get the answers you're looking for.

All the best!
Unread 07-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Dear Havehope,
I am not a dr. but I do have my own opinion on your post. I was diagnosed with Endo at 14 years old- and told I would "probably" never have children. At that age it goes in 1 ear and out the other.
After 3 healthy children and great pregnancies- I opted for the tubal. I have always had menstrual issues (heavy bleeding, cramping, irregular cycles) and have just dealt with it. My daughter is 15 years old- and is already repeating the same pattern. BC pills are not helping regulate her either.

I don't think the tubal had anything to do with it. Since I have had the same problems as long as I have been menstruating. GOOD LUCK!!
Unread 07-27-2008, 11:36 PM

I had my tubes tied about a decade ago, but I don't believe that led to the problems I'm having now. I'm having a hysterectomy because the fibroids in my uterus are growing and acting up. To the best of my knowledge, I have no problems with my cysts. I know that one is normal. The other didn't show up on the vaginal ultrasound, but I'm sure its in there. The technician was scanning my uterus, not my ovaries.
Unread 07-28-2008, 05:57 AM

Hi havehope,

I clearly remember my doctor trying to talk me out of having my tubes tied and warning me that many who did usually ended up with a hysterectomy within 10 years. Well I managed 18 years but in reality I should of had my hysterectomy several years earlier. So perhaps there is some truth to it but in the end I have no regrets about the decisions I made at the time. It was either have my tubes done or take the birth control pill. Everything has risks you just have to weigh up the best options for yourself at the time with the information you have.

Take care................Karen
Unread 07-28-2008, 06:51 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with it. I had my tubes tied 14 yrs ago while in for the removal of a fibroid that was causing very heavy bleeding. I tried to talk that dr into taking my uterus out then cause I was done with it. I had/have to beautiful daughters and after that surgery my dr told me I was lucky to have the two I had/have because of endo and my tubes were totally blocked.
In my path report from hyst, it said there was a cyst in one of my ovaries and back in Feb when I had my vag ultrasound there was a cyst in the other ovary.....there I would say is the only possible effect of having your tubes tied is the cysts in the ovaries.

Good Luck and many prayers

Maggie
Unread 07-28-2008, 06:52 AM

I had my tubes tied when I was 27 and I am 61 now and never had any problems. I was always regular, could almost set your watch to when I would start, and never had much problems with cramps or heavy bleeding. Went thru an uneventful menopause too. My hysterectomy was at 60 and due to cancer.
Unread 07-28-2008, 06:54 AM

I had a tubal last August. I never had any problems prior to it. Since I have had it, my periods are longer and PAINFUL! My Dr did say that sometimes there is a connection between the two. He said I may have "post tubal ligation syndrome" which he believes is very real, but some drs think is a crock. (BTW I am having the LAVH BSO for the problems with my periods and to prevent ovarian cancer which runs rampant in my family)
So, I do see a connection, but it may not be that way for everyone...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register