What is this about? Involuntary stretching | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is this about? Involuntary stretching What is this about? Involuntary stretching

Unread 08-08-2010, 11:02 PM
What is this about? Involuntary stretching

I have no idea what this is about, but every morning all my muscles stretch out uncontrollably. Like a cat I go ridged. I find myself grabbing my stomach to add support cause every muscle is involved. Is anyone else having this weird symptom? Does anyone have any idea what is causing it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Re: What is this about? Involuntary stretching

I do the same thing! It's difficult to explain. It's like waking up mid stretch and all your stomach muscles are tense and convulsing. Does that make any sense? It's been happening for all 5 weeks. It use to hurt and scare me but now that I'm healing its not so bad. I figured I must just stretch in my sleep but now that it hurts to stretch it wakes me up. I really have no idea but that was the only reason I could come up with. Today was the first day that I woke up and it didn't happen.
Unread 08-09-2010, 11:19 AM

It's been happening to me too! I have no idea why, just wanted to let yall know you are not alone lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2010, 12:17 PM

I'm not sure if it's the same... but I have woken up on my back.... my whole extended as far as it would go... like someone was pulling me by my arms and someone else pulling my legs... not really hard, but weird all the same.
Unread 08-09-2010, 01:35 PM

I'm 8 weeks post op (SAH) and have had this feeling since week 2. It happens 2 - 3 times per night and wakes me up in the morning. It's hard to explain the feeling, but it's like the abdominal muscles are extremely tensed and will not relax. It doesn't happen during the day or while resting on the couch. I mentioned it to my doctor at my 6 week post op and he said that it was normal and not to worry. He did not explain why it happens.

I hope someone can chime in and explain what this is.
Unread 08-09-2010, 01:48 PM

No idea what it is! But having it too following TAH/BSO.

What has helped me is sleeping (on my back) with a pillow under my knees. Seems to relax the belly muscles so they don't spasm in the night. Sleeping on a "wedge" pillow helps as well. Whatever it takes to not be completely prone.
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:08 PM

It's been happening to me too but I have no idea why. It's only when I sleep and either when I'm dozing off and/or waking up. It sucks.
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Yeah, me too. I just saw this post and was surprised how many are experiencing the same thing. So many things you can't be prepared for in this process.
Unread 08-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Started for me at about week 2. Still happens in spurts. Actually feels pretty good!
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Yea it happen to me too, I thought it was only me after my TAH in the morning when I wake up I feel like somebody is pulling my legs and that weird feeling in my abdomen muscle, I'm getting used to it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register