Back at home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Back at home

Hi everyone!! I had my TAH on Mon the 9th and was discharged from the hospital on Thurs the 12th. I had a fever of 101 on Wed but it broke by Thurs so I was able to be discharged.

My surgery went great, no complications. I had cervix and uterus removed but kept my ovaries. The pain has subsided somewhat but I still take Vicodin pretty regularly. My problem seems to be gas, so I've been taking Gas-X and trying to eat bland foods, no bean burritos for now.

I think I've kind of overdone it the past few days because I feel really tired today. I managed to make my son's basketball game today which really wore me out. I think I'm going to take it easy for the next few days at least. I'm the kind of person who has to be in control, always the helper never the helpee, and I have to learn to let people take care of me.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I made it back from the castle and feel pretty good. I'm sure I'll start to feel better as the weeks go by. I'll post again after my 2 week post op appt.

Good luck to those still waiting to go to surgery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Back at home

Welcome Home vanwhalen

I'm glad that you are home and doing well. Please don't try to do too much too soon - even sitting is considered an activity, so you really need to explain to your family that you are going to have to miss some of their activities for the next few weeks. Be sure to drink lots of fluids, rest, and continue to some every day.

When you feel up to it, please post your Castle Story in the Princesses Tell Hyst-Stories Forum and we'll be looking for your posts in the Post-Op forum, too.

's
Unread 02-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Back at home

Welcome home. I'm happy that you're doing well, please do remember to go slow and easy and allow yourself time to heal properly.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register