Anyone else with Uterus hard as a rock??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else with Uterus hard as a rock??? Anyone else with Uterus hard as a rock???

Unread 11-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Anyone else with Uterus hard as a rock???

Hi Ladies,
I will have my dear Uterus removed on Nov 24th God rest her soul. I shall miss her but...she must go...
Anyway...to stop the heavy bleeding and too many fibroids to count my Dr. put me on synthetic pregesteron (sp) and now my Uterus is as hard as a rock and protrudes from my normally flat tummy area...has anyone else ever had this happen? It seems to be growing daily...I shall be wearing a sweat suit to surgery if this keeps up for another week or so. Sometimes it sits cross wise in my belly cavity and sometimes it is up and down...very weird...or maybe not...any clues???
I would call my Dr. but the armed guard at her front door (her assistant) is very protective of her time and I can't get the answers I would like staight from the horses mouth.
Yes, it makes me angry but she is a skilled surgeon and that is what I am paying for but believe me when I get through with surgery and am looking for a Dr. to help me balance my hormones...she will be at the bottom of my list...talk about poor customer service...lol

Nail Tech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2004, 09:41 AM

Mine is hard a rock without any synthetic hormones. Sometimes my abdomen looks like there is a little alien trying to poke its hard little head out; other times I think that little alien is lying down and taking a nap with just his iron bubble butt pushing up.

At any rate, I don't have a clue about why this is happening, or why the size of my uterus continues to grow, either, except that it's typical of fibroids, or so I hear. I'm not worried because I'm kissing my uterus and her fibroid friends good-bye soon (or so I hope--I have to cancel my surgery scheduled for tomorrow and try to get another date ASAP).

Good luck getting some straight answers from your doctor!

Pam
Unread 11-14-2004, 10:47 AM

Pam,
I do appreciate your answers...they did help...I thought it might have been the synthetic hormones but I guess it can happen anyway.
I thought the hardest part in all of this would be dealing with the loss of one of my organs but I have now come to realize the hardest part is finding a Dr. with whom I can have a dialogue with...grrrrrhhhh.
I have been making phone calls for a week now trying to get straight answers from Dr's about if they provide Bio-Identical/natural hormone replacement therapy as I like to have all my ducks in a row as I think I may be somewhat out of it after surgery...so I am aiming for pro-active here. You would think I was asking them about something illegal...ggrrhhhh.
I am in the customer service industry and if I treated my customers like this I would be out of business...what is wrong with the medical industry.
Thanks again and best wishes in gettin g your surgery rescheduled:-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2004, 11:01 AM

My uterus (w/large fibroid) was hard as well. AND it seemed to move. I asked my doctor about it and he said, yes, it does move. The uterus is only attached at the base so if you think of it like a balloon tied to a string, it does move around.

Good luck with both of your surgeries -
Lisa
Unread 11-15-2004, 07:44 PM

Lisa,
That makes sense...lol of course it is only attached at the base...just never really thought about it...mine moves so much that I now know why some post refer to them as aliens...lol Thanks for the info:-)))))
Unread 11-15-2004, 07:46 PM

I had a big rock hard belly protruding as if I were 6 mos pregnant. None of my clothes fit. I have been on Lupron now for six weeks, I feel great, my belly is soft and I can't feel the alien like I used to. The funny thing is...My clothes still don't fit!!!
I'm expecting my doc to tell me once I wake up from anesthesia:"After extensive blood work, xrays and surgery, we have confirmed what you already knew...You are fat!" LOL
Good luck to everybody!

Leena*pig*
Unread 11-15-2004, 07:48 PM

Leena,
Never in all my years and I'm 45 years old have I heard women talk about hard bellies and I am a manicurist...you would think I would have heard it all by now...lol I'm glad the Lupron has been working for you...I wonder what I will wake up to as well...kind of like Christmas...kind of...lol
Unread 11-15-2004, 10:59 PM

you guys crack me up

I'm enlarged, soft, spongy, boggy, verticle and still. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about the alien.

Can't wait until it's over.
Maralyn
Unread 11-21-2004, 08:41 AM

Maralyn,
Glad we could crack you up...lol I don't know if soft or hard is better...but hard sure feels weird when you try to sleep on your stomach...can't wait to do that have the surgery...way after I suspect...lol
Unread 11-21-2004, 08:45 AM

For what it's worth, I was sleeping on my belly at 9 days post op and have been every night since then!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register