I have not been a good pre-op princess!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have not been a good pre-op princess!! I have not been a good pre-op princess!!

Unread 11-20-2004, 10:44 PM
I have not been a good pre-op princess!!

Well, this next Tuesday is it....my house is not ready, my college-age daughter is coming home for Thanksgiving (which I think we're going to do on Saturday), my parents want to drive in (just in case....don't really want them to---may tell them tomorrow), on and on....haven't read everything I should have
I was so good right after they told me I needed this (Labor Day weekend)....I read everything I could; now I've forgotten!! Any and all help is appreciated. I think I've avoided thinking about it, because I just want to get it over with and get back to NORMAL...whatever that is!!
Thankfully eveyone I work with that's gone through this has said pretty positive things about the result. My little concerns are: weirding out with the anesthetic they use, blood pressure dropping (I'll let them know that's a possibility), my family not having their "mediator" if I go to the castle in the sky (!), life's just a little stressful here and I've added to the mix.... I've seen several posts that indicate they went home the next day (?)....my surgery's set for 12:30pm....will they really send me home the next day? Having it done vaginally, keeping the ovaries unless they look weird, bladder lift...that's it.
Thanks for listening....Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Doinga wonderful job!!

You are so close, we are all here for you. Just a few more days and you are home free.
The feelings you have, I think are "normal." I have them and I still have til the Dec 6th. Place everything you have in the Lord and he shall deliver you!!!
Good Luck and remember to place your life in Gods Hands.

Sisiter in waiting too,
Leslie
Unread 11-20-2004, 11:19 PM

Hi hon......Hey, there is no such thing as a bad princess!!

Listen, your house will not fall down around you while you're out of commission. You're going to come out of anesthesia just fine. You're going to feel like pure doo-doo for the first couple days, and then you'll start to come around and notice your world again. You'll have to be pretty much completely YOU-centered for a while, and that is a hard thing for many women to do.

You might "weird out" a bit with the anesthesia. That is normal. Everyone comes out of it differently. What you will feel will probably be quite different from how the people around you see you......And besides all that, the people who will see you then are people who do this for a living. They've seen and heard everything

When you're going under, it will be just a few seconds at most and you'll be out cold. Next thing you know you'll hear the doc or someone waking you up and you'll feel like no time passed at all.

Let the people who love you take care of you and worry at you a little bit. It'll be a nice change of pace I bet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2004, 01:59 AM

I was exactly like you before the big day. What is it with us women that we have to be such martyrs. Your house will be fine, you will be fine. I worried so much about coming out of the anaesthetic etc etc. But all worked out and 3 months on, life is wonderful, Ive never been so healthy and I chuckle to myself when I think of how I was before the op. My one piece of advice is let go of the reins for a while and allow those around you to take care of you. Rest is SO important and although I found it hard to sit and watch others work around me Im so glad I was a 'good' patient as I healed easily with no complications. honestly, life is too short to worry and its too long to cry, so take a big cleansing breath and relax. The other side is fantastic!
Luv Missee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register