LAVH Help!!! Gusher of blood | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!!! Gusher of blood Help!!! Gusher of blood

Unread 06-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Help!!! Gusher of blood

Advice please? This is my first post, although I have been reading daily since before my LAVH. I am 18 days post op and everything has been fine so far. However, this evening I was sitting on the couch and when I stood up I had a gusher of blood. I have been spotting for a couple of days and my Dr. told me this would be normal (stitches come out). But this was not spotting. I ruined my panties and had blood running down my leg. This was about 2 hours ago. The bleeding has now almost stopped and returned to just spotting. Is this normal? I'm not in any pain other than the normal swinges. This has scared me to death!!! Now I'm afraid to move at all. Has this happened to anyone else? Please let me know. Thanks girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Re: Help!!! Gusher of blood

Was it enough to soak thru a pad in an hour?? If so you need to call your Dr and ask about it.

I would rather call and it be nothing than not call and it be something.

((((Hugs))))
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:05 PM

I agree with cmcgall. I was also told if you soak through a pad in an hour to call the doc. From your description, it sounds like it was. Healing thoughts and hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2011, 09:19 PM

Since the blood has slowed, try to relax and breath...you are going to be okay....call your doctor and you will feel better knowing what is going on after talking to them. I didn't quite have a gusher, but I had a considerable amount happen during the night while I was sleeping and didn't realize it till earlier in the morning. I was told some stitches probably let loose and was to monitor it. It slowed down and was just spotting the rest of the day and have since stayed the same, plus on the toilet tissue when wiping. I am 4 weeks post and my doctor said today that I am healing nicely and that I could have that spotting up to 8 weeks and it would be normal. So, please try not to scare yourself....I know that is easy to do....but you will be okay. Let us know what the doctor said and how you are doing. I care and pray you get answers very soon and can feel calmer!!
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:01 PM

kytina

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.

It is not normal to have that type of bleeding. You may have had a hematoma open and that is why it slowed but you should call your dr. So they can check things out and make sure everything is ok.

G
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Update....Well, you guys were right. I ended up going to the hospital Tuesday night after 3 hours of constant bleeding. I had a stitch come loose and broke a blood vessel. Almost bled to death. I'm back home now and doing better although I'm pretty weak. This is going to set me back about 2 weeks on my recovery. If anybody out there will listen to advice HEADS UP!!!!! Don't overdo it just because you're feeling better like I did. I'm couch bound and my wonderful husband has forbidden me to do anything. Thanks for caring girls.
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:56 AM

Sorry to hear about the setback but glad you got things taken care of.

Remember Pamper the princess!

G
Unread 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Sorry that happened, but so glad you are back on the mend! I had a friend whose stitches started to fray...she bleed like crazy, and ended up in the ER...they were able to get her stabilized and she is doing very well now.
Unread 06-10-2011, 06:56 PM

Had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. The amount of blood I lost was unbelievable. It was like a running faucet!!

Glad you got it checked out and are ok. Take it easy and rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register