It's a small place, but I think I'm going to love it... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's a small place, but I think I'm going to love it... It's a small place, but I think I'm going to love it...

Unread 08-14-2004, 04:54 PM
It's a small place, but I think I'm going to love it...

Hello All Other Ladies In Waiting!

Discovered this site a couple of weeks ago, lurked around and decided to join up.

I'm 39 - never got around to having children (except my husband) and just found out a few days before my 39th birthday that I am the owner of a 12 cm fibroid that would be the reason I was having mucho pain and bladder trouble. I'm a bit sad that I am not going to have my own babies - but I feel I was put on earth to help other people....so I'm trying to be positive.

I'm lucky to have a great husband who is very supportive - if he had it his way I would be going to the castle tomorrow. My problem is my job - where I am the Insurance Authorization Manager for a medical office. I'm frantically trying to train 2 people to do my job and write a manual of all the information in my head! The boss is panicking, but I suddenly feel very appreciated, since the whole office is saying "Bella, we're going to be screwed while you're gone!" I'm planning (huh!) on taking 2 and a half weeks and going back 2 half days and we will see how it goes....I know I may be a leeeeetle too optomistic on this, but they are flexible at my office fortunately.

I'm lucky also to have a great doctor, who is very gentle and sympathetic about my pain. He knows I have medical knowledge and talks to me like an almost equal, which I like. He also supported my decision to go the smaller of our 3 local hospitals because they do NOT have a maternity ward. The last time I had to have a "female" surgery, I wound up in the maternity ward with 2 women who had just delivered and 1 woman who had delivered a full-term stillborn. Consequently, between happy families and sad family, I got no rest at all. My doctor agrees that the small hospital surgical floor (with all private rooms! Woohoo!) is the best place for me, plus it is closer to my house - so my husband will only have to drive 15 miles instead of 22.

I have gotten great pre-op advice so far from all of you - and I hope that I can participate and help others in here, too! As my date gets closer, I will probably be back to share my jitters with the rest of the LIW and Princesses.

Love and laughter to all of you!

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2004, 06:13 PM
It's a small place, but I think I'm going to love it...

Hello, Bella and

We're happy that you emerged out of the lurking mode and joined the Hyster Sisters community! It sounds to me like you are well-prepared and in a good frame of mind as you are beginning your journey on the road to better health. Good for you! Remember, we're here to help you if you should encounter any roadblocks or bumps along the way!

Best Wishes and Many s to You!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register