Lupron after effects | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron after effects Lupron after effects

Unread 02-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Lupron after effects

Hi! Hope everyone is feeling well. I just have a question about Lupron shots. I finished six months of the shots in December and I still not have seen my period. They say you should start around two months. It is a little over two months and still nothing. Has anyone had this happen and if so how long before you started your period? Also getting that cramping, hurting feeling back in my stomach and back. Was hoping the shots would have lasted because I surely went through alot for six months. Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Lupron after effects

I am sorry the pain is starting up again for you.

Each of us will react differently when using the various medications and hormones that affect our periods. Some women will start their cycles sooner and some later. You might want to call your doctor to mention your symptoms and that your period has not started and see what s/he suggests.

And be sure to keep a journal detailing your symptoms to help you and your doctor know what your next step should be! S
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Lupron after effects

Hi, this isn't a response about after your Lupron, this is a question about your therapy. My name is Amy and I just started my Lupron therapy with add-back today. I really only hear bad things about the therapy and have only heard 2 positive remarks from women who have had the same therapy I'm receiving. PLEASE tell me it was worth it somewhat. I too will have a 6 month therapy. I just want to hear something positive for once. It sounds like your pain was better during your therapy. I'm sorry to hear that the pain is returning. My doctor was very in-tune to my menstral cycle. He wanted to know exactly when I was starting or even if I thought I was starting. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about your returning pain and ask when they feel you should be expecting your cycle. Good luck. Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Lupron after effects

Hello MEMM;
I had my sixth and last Lupron shot on 17 January ( to post op treat endo) and I too have not had a period. I have heard it can take up to 6 months after the last shot. I find it odd that I haven't had one either since I had irregular periods through the first 5 months of shots.

What I am having trouble with is weight gain. I was fine until my sixth shot, since then I have gained 8 pounds and feel terribly bloated. I keep thinking it means my period is about to start; but it hasn't. I have an appointment with my GP this week and plan to ask her about it all in depth.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Lupron after effects

Hi! Well I was feeling the same way-very bloated (felt like I was six months pregnant) and cramping so badly. Well I just went to my doctor and they decided to give me a shot to start my period and within two hours it all started. I do have to say I am not so bloated but the cramps are there.
I am due back to see him in two weeks and we are probably scheduling for the hysterectomy. I did also gain weight after all the shots were done but I think it was just alot of bloating. Hope you get to feeling better.
Unread 03-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Lupron after effects

Here's a good thing about Lupron-- I may feel all achy and moody, but ladies.... I am SO HAPPY to say that after 43 straight days of having my period, today it FINALLY has stopped! And I just had Lupron Thursday. So, it's not a totally smooth ride, but for me, it has done what it was supposed to do. Stop the bleeding. Thank goodness!!
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Lupron after effects

YAYYYYY, Lucille!!
Thank goodness the bleeding has stopped now. to you!

Heather
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Lupron after effects

Hooray! Just so you are prepared, in a couple weeks you might get another period. When that happened I was always dismayed - the bleeding was pretty heavy. BUT....after that nothing. As in nothing. Lupron did the trick for me more than once - Mariah
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Lupron after effects

I took 6 months of the LUPRON shots (July - December 07). The only major flaw for me was I got a headache after the first few injections. I had mild hot-flashes mainly at night, rarely during the day. I got my period after being off the shots for one month. Just had my surgery on 3-11 & feel fine.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register