First really bad day since surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First really bad day since surgery First really bad day since surgery

Unread 12-31-2011, 09:13 PM
First really bad day since surgery

Hi All...

Happy New Year to everyone first of all!

Probably just a mix of not feeling well, being a holiday and not being able to go out, my hubby's first day gone back to work after being off with me since my surgery the 19th. I am just a big bag of tears today. Crying at the drop of a hat, then mixed feelings of being mad at myself because I've gained a lot of the weight I lost in 2011 and just feeling frumpy. My neighbor across the street is a 5'10 gorgeous blonde and I can tell they are going out to "party" tonight and here I sit in my robe feeling major swelly belly and pain. Ugh. I miss hubby, but he couldn't pass up a 16-hr shift at double time. Son home from college and could be out but chose to be with me which is so sweet but I just kinda want to chill and cry and get it out of my system.

I've read several post op threads that more pain later is common, I am just wondering why I feel worse at almost week 2 then I did at day 2. I suppose because I'm trying to do a little more each day it is normal to feel a bit more uncomfortable; I know a lot of stuff is still going on "inside" that I can't see.

Feeling cooped up doesn't help. I am looking forward to a visit from my brother and neice Monday morning and then my first post-op Tuesday. I have to drive myself but it should be ok, I won't take any painkillers and its not too far.

Just one of those weepy, feeling sorry for myself kind of day. First day of 2012 tomorrow will be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Re: First really bad day since surgery

I'm right there with you sister!!! I have been in my pj's since 5 this afternoon. Too much pain and too tired to party. Just try to remember that it will get better!
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:03 PM

((HUGS)) I understand, and am sorry for you and I feel super crappy tonight also, but I'm trying to remember that this time next year we can do whatever we want!!!!!

Hang in there kid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 10:07 PM

In my pjs and watching Food network. I couldn't go anywhere tonight bc being in a sitting position is killer tonight. We survived surgery, so 2012 is where it's at anyway.
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Lynda you aren't alone! I am 3 weeks post op and have signs of sleepy ovaries, and am an emotional basket case. I feel like crying for no reason at all half the time. The other half the time I want to scratch someones eyes out. No happy medium, and put that together with swelly belly and it makes for a rather icky new years eve. BUT..like several others have said...2012 will be better! I am looking forward to full healing and regaining my life, after six months of hell prior to my surgery.
Let's consentrate on what is to come....and look forward to better things!
Unread 01-01-2012, 01:16 PM

No advice for you, just empathy...I'm right with you! I am feeling like an old lady and feeling cooped up and ready to go out on the town...except I'm not! My brain says "let's go" but my body say "nope"...depressing when friends invited us to go out for New Year's champagne brunch and even if I wanted to go...I have nothing to wear that can accommodate my swelly belly. I am in fear of getting somewhere and sorely wishing I were home...that happened a week ago when I went to the mall with my mom and aunts and was fine for about an hour and then wanted to be home so badly, but couldn't leave because I didn't drive myself. Won't do that for awhile. To be in control of when I can leave will be an important thing for awhile, then you don't feel guilty ruining every body else's time. Hugs to you and just know you are not alone, it helps to talk amongst each other!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register