Taking it slow before surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Taking it slow before surgery? Taking it slow before surgery?

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Taking it slow before surgery?

Maybe I need to "up" my iron supplement. I've got 5 weeks (and one more period) to go before surgery and I'm just feeling wiped out. The doctor suspects adenomyosis and I also have hyperplasia and heavy bleeding problems. Plus, pelvic and back pain most days. Not a huge amount of pain most of the time, but it's usually there and worsens with exercise.

I want to do so many things--and with Christmas coming there is much to do as well--but I just don't have the energy.

Guess I'm looking for permission to listen to my body?

(And my husband is so worried, esp. because of the pain I have. He lost his dad rather suddenly this summer and feels that if he'd just forced his dad to the doctor sooner and asked the doctors the right questions, that wouldn't have happened...so I know this is all related to that.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Re: Taking it slow before surgery?

The emotional part of this is enough to make you exhausted. And, I think it's perfectly OK to take it easy before surgery. A certain amount of energy-building before surgery must be good.

I wish you the best----listen to your body.
Unread 12-03-2009, 11:20 PM

i bled for 4 months straight so i know how you feel, 2weeks before my surgery I was even worse. You can only do what you can do. For halloween we always go all out. I had to sit alot and give out the orders. But it was fun anyway, Just know that its having your family and friends near and if everything isnt perfect, everyone will understand and if they dont then to heck with them. Next year youll be feeling great and you kick butt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2009, 12:16 AM

I was ill before surgery, so I understand. However, the fitter you are the better for recovery, so keeping some energy for walking at least and eating really well would stand you in good stead.
Unread 12-04-2009, 07:52 AM

Hello! Has you Dr. checked your iron level? Mine had to be checked beforehand due to all the heavy bleeding I was having and being anemic before. He will let you know if your levels are too low and need iron supplements. If your levels are fine..too much iron could hurt you i have been told. Nerves & worrying about having surgery can drain you, also. I needed to keep busy before my surgery....that way i had less time to think & worry. Listen to your body. The holidays are stressful themselves, and add the thought of surgery in that mix would wipe anybody out! Best wishes on your surgery & have a speedy recovery!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register