Surprise Uterine Biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surprise Uterine Biopsy Surprise Uterine Biopsy

Unread 05-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Surprise Uterine Biopsy

I just want to say that uterine biopsies are not of God & represent all that is wrong with the world.

I went in today for pre-op for 5/20 hysterectomy & doctor said she needed biopsy. She said it would be "uncomfortable" while she was doing it, and hours later, I am thinking violent thoughts toward my doctor. OMG

The nurse said I'd have some light spotting...she lied too. I hate my uterus & can't wait until the 20th.

Is this standard pre-op procedure??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Re: Surprise Uterine Biopsy

That is a lousy surprise! One of my former gyns insisted on one before she would even discuss fibroid treatments with me. I am good with pain, I make my dentist drill without novacaine (don't like the numb feeling) never took pain meds after tooth extraction or root canal, etc. I didn't take any pain meds after my hysterectomy. I found the endometrial biopsy to be the worst procedure pain wise that I have ever experienced. The only good thing for me was that I felt fine as soon as she finished. But I was doing everything I could not to yell. I don't know if it's normal, or if it was worse because my cervix would not open and she forced it manually. About a year later, my new and wonderful gym wanted me to get a hysteroscopy and D& c. I didn't want to do it, as I was going to get the hysterectomy anyway, but she wanted to verify that there was no cancer, etc because if there was she would want me to see an oncologist gyn for the surgery. Maybe that is why they wanted you to get the biopsy.
Unread 05-01-2015, 05:14 PM

I had my surprise uterine biopsy at my initial appointment with the gynecologist. I also happened to have my period. I was told luckily it would be an easier process because I had my period. I believe the test is standard for abnormal uterine bleeding. The results could determine the surgery type. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck on your journey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Surprise Uterine Biopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy16 View Post
That is a lousy surprise! One of my former gyns insisted on one before she would even discuss fibroid treatments with me. I am good with pain, I make my dentist drill without novacaine (don't like the numb feeling) never took pain meds after tooth extraction or root canal, etc. I didn't take any pain meds after my hysterectomy. I found the endometrial biopsy to be the worst procedure pain wise that I have ever experienced. The only good thing for me was that I felt fine as soon as she finished. But I was doing everything I could not to yell. I don't know if it's normal, or if it was worse because my cervix would not open and she forced it manually. About a year later, my new and wonderful gym wanted me to get a hysteroscopy and D& c. I didn't want to do it, as I was going to get the hysterectomy anyway, but she wanted to verify that there was no cancer, etc because if there was she would want me to see an oncologist gyn for the surgery. Maybe that is why they wanted you to get the biopsy.
Yes the cancer check was the reason she wanted to do it, and I too am very good about pain. I actually almost cursed at her. I wish I could say it was over & done. We're probably at 6 hours later and it's still pretty bad. I'm trying to avoid taking pain meds as I have company coming over, but I may have to cave...sigh. I've seen other posts of vaginal soreness, cramping & bleeding for up to a week. I sincerely hope that's not the norm.
Unread 05-01-2015, 05:18 PM

The fear of having that biopsy every three months was what ultimately made me decide to have a hysterectomy!
Unread 05-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Surprise Uterine Biopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsY View Post
The fear of having that biopsy every three months was what ultimately made me decide to have a hysterectomy!
EVERY 3 months?? I can't even imagine.

I'm not a big fan of hate...But I hate my uterus.
Unread 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM

My dr thought I may have cancer and wanted to check. After I told him I never had kids he said there was no way he was going to do a biopsy because it would be a way to painful and said we'd do a d and c. I love that guy. So I was lucky and dodged that painful bullet.
Unread 05-01-2015, 06:36 PM

I'm post-menopause for five years now, had an office biopsy December 2014, and although it was very uncomfortable, it was definitely not the worst pain I've ever had. I would have had no problem doing it again. Had some cramping and spotting afterwards, but nothing major. Turns out though, they can be unreliable due to the small of amount of tissue that's used.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register