I am getting scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am getting scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 04-27-2004, 05:27 PM
I am getting scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAH the 30th and I am getting worried, I think of the worst things that could happen. Last year my mother-in-law had uteran cancer and had a TAH and came out of surgury on a breathing tube results of an alergic reaction to anesthia. Just today a coworker asked if I was getting anxious and if so not to worry they just put you asleep and when you wake up its all over well I know that , its the not waking up that worries me or waking up with a breathing tube. I need help I think I am even making my poor hubby upset
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2004, 05:43 PM

I think it's totally normal to have those fears. Especially when someone close to you has had a bad experience. Maybe you could talk to the A man about your fears and your DR.

Good Luck

Unread 04-27-2004, 05:56 PM

Hi Christine,

I usually go into the post-op posts and accidently went into pre-op and came across your message.

Just try to relax! I know it's hard to do when your so close to your surgery date. The chances you'll wake up with a breathing tube are pretty slim, although I thought the same thing. Actually, the only clue I had that there had been a breathing tube down my throat was my gruff sounding voice and sore throat after surgery! I'm like you - I always think the worse. My husband didn't know what to do with me either. I was more nervous the day of my pre-op appointment than I was the day of surgery. I remember my doctor asking me why I was so quiet during my appt. I think he was used to me rattling on most of the time and he didn't know what was wrong with me. I told him I was just nervous. After all -- it isn't everyday we have a TAH! My doctor said I must have had everything worked out in my brain in time for the surgery since I was so much calmer then. Hopefully you will feel that way too on Friday.

Take care -- I'll me thinking of you and all the other sisters about to go through surgery.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey hun...

I had the same surgery date as you, just last year instead of this year.

Listen sweetie, if you WEREN'T scared I'd really wonder about you...this is major surgery and it's normal to be scared (or nervous) at some point. What you're feeling is normal...it's NORMAL. Sometimes if you realize your mind is reacting in a normal way you can feel a little better.

If your anxiety about this gets too much call your doctor. He can give you something to help calm you down. Some (((sisters)) need that.

Listen hun...I'm going back in for surgery May 3rd and I'm scared. I've been through this before...and each time I'm scared. It's normal.

I know there is really nothing I can do to calm your fears...but please know most of us make it ouyt to the "other side"...if we didn't there wouldn't be a POST_op board here!

Seriously hun...if you can relax on your own that's great, but if you feel your fears are getting the best of you, give your doctor a call. You don't have to suffer until your surgery.

hugs,

Rita (I'm looking forward to seeing you on the post-op board!)
Unread 04-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanks to the sisters

I am so glad to hear my fears are not so bad and far fetched the only thing that is getting me through this is my family and all my sisters out there. I do have a great support group right at work they all care very much, I work with sp ed students as a para pro I have 13 kids I am going to miss and worry about my 17 year old daughter promises to check up on my kids at school she loves these guys too Thanks again
Unread 04-27-2004, 06:44 PM

hi friend , when I read your post I seen so much of me in what your are going through, i am seven months post op and I often come here and just read and try to assure someone that it will be alright. I was horrified, and realize that after it was over with that was the worst part of it all THE WORRYING. I will be thinking and praying for you and trust God he will be with you every step of the way. I read so many posts that said if I can do it I know you can and that saying is so true. We worry but there is a inner strength within us all that helps cope and endure what we must do. take care think positive and all will be well and a princess you will be
density

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register