Dr's appt update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr's appt update Dr's appt update

Unread 07-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Dr's appt update

Here's the plan (such as it is): Probably watch and wait for a long, long time. Re-run labs in 7 weeks (8 weeks after last labs). Keep doing that until such time as I exhibit symptoms or they can feel something somewhere, and maybe do a CT scan before then. Basically, becasue ti's so slow growing, to not react until they need to.

In addition, he's already consulted with my gyn/onc. They are in agreement on the course of action -- which is not to take any action until they need to. Both doing some research into several things, and they'll chat again early next week. They're contemplating the possibility of trying an estrogen-inhibitor.

Also in the meantime, the med/onc has a new doc in his group. He's a former onc (who happened to specialize in gyn onc), who stopped doing that a number of years ago and is now the doctor's doc. He has devoted himself to helping oncologists deal with the stresses they face in treating all of us. He's agreed to join the group for one day each week and see some onc patients and their families, to help us learn to better deal with the stresses involved in being long term cancer survivors. To help leave the fear behind and LIVE with cancer. And it's a free service! The general thought is that for me (and my family), having to deal with knowing its back and yet doing nothing for long periods, is much harder to deal with than the initial diagnosis and immediate moves to DO something about it. (And, OK, my near hysteria last time I was there freaked teh docs out! It's very unlike me.) My husband and I have an appointment with him next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Dr's appt update

Sounds like a good plan,Sis, and it also seems you are back in control. It's alright when we lose it. We have a right to, but fortunately we come around and grab hold of life again.
Keep me posted. I'm anxiously waiting to see how your appt goes next week.
Unread 07-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Dr's appt update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfirst
Keep me posted. I'm anxiously waiting to see how your appt goes next week.
Me, too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Dr's appt update

SisC,
Thanks for your update. The slower growth factor works in your favor by allowing your doctor maximum time to find and consider the best possible options but of course prolongs the waiting before a treatment is selected which itself adds to the stress. I'm very glad to hear there now is a doctor who will try to help with the stress issues, and that the family as well as the patient, will be involved; getting this gratis is a nice extra.
I will be keeping you, your family and your medical team in prayer.
s
Unread 07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Dr's appt update

Dear Sis,

I know that the waiting and watching can be h***, so I'm really glad to hear that your onc group has someone on hand to help you through it. What a great idea -- makes you feel like they actually care! This is something that all cancer patients should have available to them and I'm really happy that you are being well taken care of.

Meanwhile, let's hope the waiting and watching goes on for a nice boringly long time and that nothing exciting ever happens.
Unread 07-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Dr's appt update

(((SisC)))

That does sound like a good plan! And hey, if we aren't allowed to lose it once in a while, who is?

Big hugs and prayers to you and your family!

monami

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register