okay - they said there would be days like this.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

okay - they said there would be days like this.... okay - they said there would be days like this....

Unread 08-14-2001, 08:14 PM
okay - they said there would be days like this....

Okay! Day 17 Post Op...

Heard about the depression part. Tonite I feel so by myself - I dont know why but just burst into tears.

Hubby and I are self employed. Feeling totally guilty about not being there as things are in a turmoil at work.

But... not relaxing. Almost like I should be there no matter how I feel. He's working long hours and I'm by myself all day. Its finally hitting me huh - the hormone beast!!

Yikes!!!

Help - any suggestions to get through the blues......

Tamara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2001, 08:36 PM

Hi Tamara-- Just sending love, concern, and to you! I hit this same depression thing at about the same point you did and I hated it. I am normally the encourager in the crowd and not the one needing to be encouraged. I can tell you "this too, shall pass". It may not seem like that now but it will. The pain, horomone drop and everything reaches a point that all you can do is cry. I had a good cry and got some folks I know, that know how to pray and Thank God by the next evening that had left. The lack of sleep too and medications both taking now, and what we had during/after surgery contributes to this as well. I will continue to pray for you Tamara.
Unread 08-14-2001, 08:56 PM

Tamara,
Sheri is right dear this to shall pass although it may not seem like it right now! You are still very early in your recovery and it just takes time.
Your body has been through a major surgery and it just takes time. I know it is terribly hard to lay around while everyone else does everything we are used to doing but right now that is what your body needs you to do! We have only one chance to heal and we have to do it right. <--have had that line said to me and thought I'd steal it!!! hehehehe
If you do think your hormones are adding to your stress and depression please call your DR to discuss this.
I feel for you honey I know it is hard!!! I will keep you in my prayers & thoughts!
Sending you big gentle !!!!!!!
Maybe taking some small might help to break the blues for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2001, 09:03 PM
take care of yourself...

Hi,
I, too, felt really depressed post op. Going for a walk helped me a lot, just to get outside and get some fresh air and sunshine even if I could only go slowly for a short distance. Surrounding myself with beautiful things, helped too. I puttered in my "sick room" and arranged the cards, plants, etc. I received so they would be a constant reminder of all the good wishes. This forum is another wonderful source of support and encouragement, use it!
Even though you may feel depressed and unproductive, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! After my first surgery I pushed myself too hard and ten years later I'm STILL having trouble with the scar tissue I formed from stressing my incisions. I didn't know better at the time, but I after my hyst a few months ago I really took it easy.
Best wishes and lot of cyberhugs {{hug}}
Noel
Unread 08-14-2001, 11:20 PM
been there too

I have hit my depression stage just last night - seemed like everything - being bored, being in pain, finances, etc...all piled up at once and boy did I ever have a good cry!!!

So, I do feel a bit better today - layed in the sun with a magazine this afternoon and plan to do the same tomorrow -

Sending hugs your way - deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register