TAH vs TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:40 AM
TAH vs TVH

Can you do a TVH is you have had a c-section? My doctor is doing a TAH and I was wondering why not the TVH. My appointment is next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
TAH vs TVH

Alot of drs won't do a vaginal hyst, if you haven't have a vaginal birth. If you have had a c-section there is a good chance that there will be scar tissue and possible adhesions that they will have to address.
I had my hyst done vaginally and 9 weeks later I was in for another surgery for adhesions (from my gall bladder surgery in 04 and some new from the hyst). If I had had my hyst on abdominally they could have removed the adhesions at that time.

GOOD LUCK
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
TAH vs TVH

Why not a LSH ? This is something I have wanted to address for a long time......ladies.....Please do your research before you are 100 % sure about your surgeries. I was lucky enough to be offered a laparoscopic hysterectomy and the recovery time was practically nothing. I have 3 tiny incisions no bigger than a the tip of my pinky. Back to my normal life in less than 2 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
TAH vs TVH

it could be that your dr is not experienced in lap hysterectomies. are you wanting to keep your cervix? thats another reason to have a tah instead of a vaginal hysterectomy.
you might also want to get a second opinon. there might be other options available.
Unread 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM
TAH vs TVH

I've had both a C-section and a vaginal birth (VBAC). I will be having a LAVH in January. My doctor wants to use laparoscopic in case the scar tissue from the C-section needs addressed. She said sometimes the bladder or other organs can become adhered because of the scar tissue. The only way they'll have to go in abdominally is if that is an issue once they're in and have a look around. The cervix is going, but the ovaries are staying put.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register