Tearful today:( and it's my Birthday! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tearful today:( and it's my Birthday! Tearful today:( and it's my Birthday!

Unread 10-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Tearful today:( and it's my Birthday!

I can't stop crying today!!! Kids are at school, DH is sleeping as he has to because he works nights. I don't know why I am crying? Everything I look at or think about makes me cry!! Help what can I do? Didn't sleep last night and can't sleep now. I am so tired of this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Re: Tearful today:( and it's my Birthday!

Just breathe. Take a deep breath and breathe. I have had a few bouts of random tears too, but trust me they pass. Birthdays are milestones in and of themselves and can often cause emotional stuff to surface all on their own, without the addiontal weight of the recovery you are going through. Don't fight it though and don't be afraid to feel what you have to feel...and you will get through it.

Oh...and make sure the family pampers you extra special today...throughout the day, however they can. You qualify for bonus princess credits today for sure!

Hugs...
Unread 10-13-2011, 11:30 AM

Happy Birthday to you! So sorry you're sad today~but it's your birthday, so I hope you cheer up. I cried on my birthday also~Sept.11 and I turned 60. A double bummer! But then I remembered all the things I have to be greatful for-I am a 2 year breast cancer survivor, I got this darn hysterectomy/prolapse thing taken care of and am feeling great now, the sun is shining today....so many things to be happy about. You are crying probably because you are just tired! You still need lots of rest, and you just can't get it! Are you on HRT? Call your DR. Maybe it needs adjusted.

I am sending you a great big birthday (((HUG))), and tell your husband your hyster sisters said to take you out for a nice birthday dinner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Happy Birthday & big hugs to you!! Try to relax, have a nice hot drink and rest and you will feel a whole lot better. Don't beat yourself up too much, let any feelings come out and accept them, then relax and enjoy the rest of your special day. x
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:07 PM

Labelle thank you so much and thank you too Kristilou, I have calmed down somewhat. I deciced to go for a walk and since I live in the country it was quite and peaceful!! My DH brought me breakfast from Mickey D's this morn and got me some stuff for my B-Day, but all it did was make me cry and he thought he had done something wrong. I had to assure him it wasn't anything he done it was me being hormonal I guess!! Yes Kristilou, I am on HRT have been since my surgery. Thank you both for your kind words and hugs. Yall did make my day better I am so thankful for my hystersisters!!!
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Happy Birthday to you! It's my birthday today too and I also had a very emotional day. I feel like I have taken a step back in recovering and haven't been sleeping well so I blame it on that. I hope the rest of your day improved and you are now enjoying your night. Here's hoping for a fabulous nights sleep for both of us!
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm stopping by to wish you a very Happy Birthday!

I hope you feel better soon. I think it's normal to be somewhat emotional, but if your hormones don't level off soon you might want to speak with your doctor about it.
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:38 PM

KS40 - happy birthday!!!!!

its a day to celebrate YOU! its okay to cry - like the saying goes - it's my party & i'll cry if i want to!

but just think of what your present was to yourself - a new start. i don't know about you, but i know having my surgery is the greatest thing i've ever done for myself. i'm sure it is for you, too!

so cry. get it out of your system. and wake up tomorrow with a beautiful smile on your face, ready to tackle the world! (well, maybe after you've fully recovered)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM

Happy Birthday!!

I didn't realize how emotional losing my uterus was. I have days that I am just down in the dumps as well. You are not alone.

I hope that everyday gets a little easier everyday and this too shall pass.
Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register