Shave And A Haircut, Two Bits | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shave And A Haircut, Two Bits Shave And A Haircut, Two Bits

Unread 09-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Shave And A Haircut, Two Bits

Say, the hospital gave me this pamphlet on "procedures". It mentions "shaving".
Do they shave your woman parts? If they do, do they shave them all the way or just to a certain point? This is something I'm worrying about simply because of the itchies it makes me feel. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.
Thanks, angels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2004, 02:23 PM

I am so glad that you posted this because I have been wondering this myself. I hope to hear something about this. I have had 3 laps done and so far no one has ever shaved me so I hope that this too will not be done.
Unread 09-30-2004, 02:27 PM

Hey Ladies,
I can tell you from experience that Yes, they do shave you. I have a hairy tummy and they shaved it, and down to where my labia sstart to curve down. I have not experienced the itchies from it yet. I assume i will, and am prepared for it. The biggest fear for me still is, when it gets itchy, is my incision gonna itch too. DO NOT shave yourself tho, you could nick it and then they may not do your surgery....

Taht is my experience....
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2004, 02:45 PM

Some doctors have their patients shaved and some don't. It varies by doctor preference, hospital procedure and/or type of surgery.

I had a TVH and I wasn't shaved. It's one of the questions to ask your doctor. Good luck!

Deb
Unread 09-30-2004, 03:02 PM

I had a TAH and they only shaved about two inches down on me, not the whole thing that would of been horrible! to itch while healing
Unread 09-30-2004, 03:06 PM

I was shaved on the or table after I was put to sleep. There has been several threads on this subject. Let the nurses do it for you,because if you do it at home and nick or cut yourself your surgery can be cancelled due to fear of an infection. Best of luck!

Pat
2 weeks preop LVH kept ovaries
Unread 09-30-2004, 03:32 PM

I don't shave down there exactly. I mean I don't use a razor. I do however trim things up quite regularly with a set of trimmers. You know like guys would use on their mustach or goatie (however you spell it). I find that one it makes sex better no little hairs getting pulled on. 2 as many pads as I go thru no hair getting stuck to that thing and 3 cleanlyness. I find that things are much cleaner and I get less uti's and yeast infections because the heat is cut down alot. But it isn't like shaven smooth just trimmed and well groomed. lol. So does this mean I shouldn't do that for a week or two before hand. I have never nicked myself but I don't want to take any chances. So what do you ladies think should I stop one week before surgery or two. Its never itchy this way but I have never had it completely shaven and I can imagine that it does itch and I would never shave it myself. So what do you think.
Unread 09-30-2004, 04:12 PM

This is another topic that varies from dr to dr. I had a tvh and wasn't shaved.

You might check with your dr just to find out. What you don't want to do is shave yourself. Most drs don't want you risking infections from nicks, etc. and prefer to do it at the hospital.

But for your peace of mind, just give your dr's office a call.

Blessings and
Judy
Unread 10-01-2004, 06:36 AM

No way would I try to shave myself! I don't even want to attempt such a thing! I'm just hoping they won't even consider it. On top of everything else, I dread itchie outer woman parts! It's just funny the things they don't tell you and you don't think to ask because you've never done this before. I loved the video they showed me. Woman -- full makeup-- beautifully coiffed saying everything was rosey but leaving out little helpful info like this! Give me some practical info I can use, Doc!
Thanks guys, it sure is heaven sent to have this forum to vent. Everyone in my circle is in a state of denial or "it's no big deal" and I would feel like I was so alone if I didn't have you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register