No discharge anymore and lovin it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No discharge anymore and lovin it No discharge anymore and lovin it

Unread 10-21-2005, 02:24 PM
No discharge anymore and lovin it

I use to always have some sort of vaginal discharge, no need to have an infection for me to have discharge, I just always felt wet and had white-ish some times thick sometimes thin depending on time of the month discharge sometimes heavy enough to need a panty-liner it was quite annoying and seemed to get alot worse when they found all my ovarian cysts, well now I have "NOTHING" not a drop bone dry!!!! until I need moisture *wink*wink* it is so wonderful to have dry, clean undies all the time i'm lovin it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2005, 03:20 PM

Lucky you!. I have several new pairs of undies that I am dying to wear. I will have to be patient though!

Last week, Victoria Secret sent a card for a free pair. Of course, I had to pick up a few extra nice ones in addition.

Take care!

Dianne
Unread 10-21-2005, 05:23 PM

Thats great!! In the beggining I was like that, and prior to surgery I was always wet from something... but now it seems I cant shake a yeast type infection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2005, 08:31 PM

Cherrykitty, I too had exactly what you described. Not to mention never knowing when I might start bleeding at any given moment, so I always started EVERY day of the last 7 years inserting a slim tampon whether it be to keep me dry or for protection (panty liners seemed to give me "diaper rash" down there). I am only 2 weeks post-op and have been wondering if I will still have the "wetness" once I'm healed. I hope I am as lucky as you in that regard. I got some sexy Victoria's that I'm just waiting to wear without a tampon or panty liner! To those of you with Tampax stock, you might want to sell now... lol. Thanks for your post.
Unread 10-21-2005, 11:58 PM

Good for you Cherrykity! I can't wait until I can say the same!
Unread 10-22-2005, 08:15 AM

i am so happy for you, i too was always wet even without an infection. My tvh was a month after yours so i am hoping soon i'll be dry too. isn't it something what we look forward to.
Unread 10-22-2005, 08:34 AM

I'm there with you Cherrykitty. I still have a huge honkin box of Carefree long panty liners sittng next to the toilet in my bathroom. Had to wear one every day for SO many years.

No more! I am so happy about that too, and glad to see someone else have the same kind of 'yahoo' feelings over it as I have.
Unread 10-22-2005, 10:42 AM

Oh my,.. before my hyst, my periods were SO astrominicaly heavy, I'd go though the largest pads they have in 30min or(sometimes in 5min) just went through my first period,(have ovaries) and not having to wear giant little mattresses is AWESOME! I also would get 'diaper rash' from pads, but could nevr use tampons due to severe pain they would cause, of course still have to wear pantyliners for vag flow,
but it's slowing..
Unread 10-22-2005, 11:18 AM

I'm 5 days post-op and my vaginal discharge has already stopped. I don't even need liners anymore. It's awesome! Of course, I heard that there might be some discharge around 3 weeks post-op from vaginal stitches disolving, but that shouldn't be too bad.

I'm so happy to never have another period again! I also had a wet feeling most of the month. It seemed to get worse after my uterus fell. Since my cervix was slightly outside my body, the fluid went straight into my underpants rather than first flowing down the vagina. Very annoying--so glad that's gone!
Unread 10-22-2005, 11:23 AM

Cherry kitty..you mean there is hope??? I have been just like you described for I don't know how many years. I thought maybe after surgery it would go away but so far it hasn't. Thank you for giving me hope that it just might. You made my day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register