Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Help

As you guys know, my surgery was cancelled at the last minute. Rescheduled for the 20. Today I got a phone call from the dr office offering the 18th. I chose to stay with the 20th because of my DS ring ceremony at school. so I am waiting on a call to definately tell me a time for surgery when someone else callls me from the dr. This is where it gets weird., This woman says well, maybe I dont like these drs (been going there for over 20yrs). Maybe my dr cant do surgery. HUH? She hemmed an hawed around and I finally asked Are you saying that my dr doesnt want to do the surgery? WEllllllllllllllllllllllllll, no real answer was forth coming. I told this person that if she would kindly have the actual dr call me , we would discuss this. Am I getting booted out as a patient because I was upset that THEY cancelled my surgery at the last minute? My mind is spinning here. I did not chew out the dr. I am angry at the hospital for the messed up schedule but I did not chew out the dr. Maybe I do need to find a new dr. This phone call came out of left field. I had just talked to the scheduling lady and she was really nice. Iwas waiting on her to tell me when the surgery was going to be. So why did lady #2 call? WEIRD HUH?

Now i get to sit here and wait on dr to call to figure out what is going on. Cross your fingers for me.

missy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Help

My fingers are crossed. It is strange, you'd think they'd be a lot more organized and a whole lot more considerate.
Unread 10-13-2004, 08:49 AM
Help

Very weird. I would say that if he doesn't call you back then I would just show up at the office one day and not leave until you got to talk to him. This is something that I would take seriously as a patient. If you have any questions or concerns now is the time to get them answered before the surgery.

It is very possible I guess that someone at the doctor's office screwed up and is trying to cover it up but even if that is the case I think I would want to know what was really behind that call. After all, you are scheduled for major surgery! And you will want the support of your doctor and if you are questioning his even wanting to do the surgery then I would say you better start asking questions.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register