No vaginal spotting. Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No vaginal spotting.  Is this normal? No vaginal spotting. Is this normal?

Unread 06-26-2005, 04:59 PM
No vaginal spotting. Is this normal?

I am now 6 days post -op. I really feel god except for the soreness around the incision. I have 25 staples and will have those removed tomorrow afternoon.I have a lot of redness ouround one end of the incision and it feels very warm to the touch. I am worried that I have an infection. I had a TAH/LSO and have not had any spotting or vaginal draining of any kind. Is this normal.???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2005, 05:06 PM

When I was release from the castle the doc and nurse both told me to watch out for increased redness and heat in the incision area as this is a sign of infection. I hope you don't have one but I think your best to get it checked out! I also never had any kind of leakage from day one of the operation. Hope all goes well! Take care of yourself.
Unread 06-26-2005, 05:09 PM

It was normal for me. I only had discharge in the Castle when I used the restroom. I was there six days and after day four I never had any discharge or spotting and I am now nine weeks out. I do not miss it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2005, 06:02 PM

I didn't have any bleeding or spotting after 3 days post op. It's a beautiful thing!
You incision may be getting infected. I had one staple that got infected also. It was no big deal. The doc put my on antibiotics and it cleared up in a few days. My incision has healed perfectly.
Unread 06-26-2005, 06:15 PM

Good thing you are going to get the staples out tomorrow. They can check the incision for infection then. I had no bleeding from my surgery except when they took out the cath and I pee'd the first time there was a small amount when I wiped. Since then - nothing. Woo hoo!!!!
Unread 06-27-2005, 07:50 PM

Haven't had any spotting since coming home from the castle 6 weeks ago.
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:34 PM

No bleeding for me either! I asked my doc today when he took my staples out and he said some do some don't.

I was red where my staples went in, but not warm, I'm sure they'll check it tomorrow for you.

Mary
TAH 6/21 kept one ovary
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:44 PM
no discharge here

I had no discharge or bleeding at all once I left the hospital (I was there for five days).

I don't miss it either; I feel lucky!

Having the staples out doesn't hurt a bit, and it will give them a chance to check out the incision for infection. Hope you don't have one!
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:49 PM

I am so envying all of you with little or no spotting! Believe me, you really are blessed. I had a 'suprapubic blood clot' form and it is now 'lysing' through the vaginal cuff and feels like a really heavy period (this is what I've been told by my GYN). I am SO READY to get rid of this! I am still very happy to read about others who don't have any problems and it really does make me feel hopeful. Glad you all posted here and I could read it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register