3 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy: Anyone else nervous about having sex when cleared? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy: Anyone else nervous about having sex when cleared? 3 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy: Anyone else nervous about having sex when cleared?

Unread 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Re: Anyone else nervous about having sex when cleared?

Hi Orchid,
At 4wks dr. said I was cleared for 8wks. So we had a gentle try and it was just to painful for me. So after trying different positions, we decided to wait a few more weeks. We ended up waiting 12wks. And I am so glad we did. We still have a ways to go before it is comfortable for me. But at least we now have hope things will get back to normal. So if this is what dr thinks try and be patient. I wish I had had another appointment at 8wks. I think it would have showed that I wasn't healed yet. Could have save me pain and all the worry.
Good luck and Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2014, 07:54 PM

I'm nervous, too!! I'm single and don't really have a serious boyfriend, so asking a 25 year old "boy toy" to be gentle is going to be an interesting conversation

I'm only 4 days out from surgery, but I have The Day marked on my calendar!!!
Unread 04-10-2014, 07:59 PM

Hi woowoo, we had surgery the same day and yes i have fear, excitement, nervousness and all in between!!! Our 10 yr anniversary is one week after i go in for my check up and i am nervous that we wnt get the go ahead bc we have a 'honeymoon' trip planned. We never took a honeymoon and so the trip might be quite UNeventful if i dnt get the all clear from my doc but also worried that he does give the go ahead at same time!! I feel like this is my first time all over again!! There was so much pain before i hope and pray that it is better!!! Ahhhh the nervousness in the meantime is driving me nutssss!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2014, 08:01 PM

I was cleared at two weeks. Told my husband to leave work and get home early, I had a surprise for him!
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:49 PM

My doctor said at my 2 week check-up yesterday that she won't clear me for sex until 8 weeks. She will clear me for lifting things at 6 weeks but she said 2 more weeks after that for sex. I am thinking about getting some new lingerie for that day
Unread 04-10-2014, 10:45 PM

My doctor told me ten weeks out and I'm scared to be honest! I was always tight and small before but according to my doc he said I'm going to be more stretched down there as if I had a baby because of the manipulation he had to do to take things out vaginally. Yikes! I remember losing my virginity eleven years ago and never want that feeling back. Of course with my soul-mate now I know it will be nice.
Lisa
Unread 04-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Re: 3 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy: Anyone else nervous about having sex when cleared?

Hi Sisters,
I think if I had to do it over again I would have gone back to the dr before I tried sex and see if I was healed. It was very painful and very scary. I would not have wanted to be on a honeymoon and feel like I had to keep trying. I ended up feeling like a failure and that I would never be able to enjoy sex. My DH was very understanding and that helped a lot. But it was very depressing. I had assumed it would be great and went at it like Red Dove. So it was also a big shock when I immediately had pain with penetration. I feel stupid for thinking it would just be great. I am hopeful now at 12wks that I am healed it will get better each time. Since I never had pain when I lost my virginity the first time, losing my virginity a second time(lol) has been a new, scary, and depressing experience for me.
Bottom line Sisters please make sure you are healed. And then plan to go slow. Also thanks for letting me rant. I just don't want any of you having to feel like I do.
Hugs and hope it is great for you all,
Anndy
Unread 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Re: 3 1/2 weeks post hysterectomy: Anyone else nervous about having sex when cleared?

I saw the doctor for my 5 week checkup this week, and he wants us to wait until 8 weeks. I'm definitely nervous about this, since I've heard about people having vaginal cuff tears. I'm both eager and scared to be intimate again with dh (a feeling I'm sure many of you understand completely!).
Unread 04-11-2014, 10:34 AM

Book lover if you are still at all unsure go back and have dr check you at 8wks before you try. I sure wish I had. Your story is so like mine. I don't think we did any damage except mental stress for both of us. Good luck.
Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:25 PM

At 7 wks it was great! Great bonding experience and nice to be done w the painful adeno sex. There was some swelly belly, but I just let him do breakfast the next morning and we chose a place w a jacuzzi, so I could soak. Some new lingerie is nice,ought make it flowy, fitted might not work if you still have swelly belly. I have learned to look at myself straight on in the mirror and not sideways. That discourages me ;( but accept the new me and keep trying My advice make it romantic !!! Choose a nice cabin to yourselves and turn off the phones, no interruptions ! Lotsa foreplay and my Dr said use lotsa veg oil !! Worked great !!! Have fun !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register