Ten days post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ten days post-op Ten days post-op

Unread 05-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Ten days post-op

I am amazed at how many woman have said they are not prepared for the issues of there recovery, and I am also one of them. If not for this site, I would be so frustrated. I work in a OB/GYN office, the doc's I work for did my surgery, and I still feel so much info was not provided. I have every intention of talking to them about this when I go back to work. I will recommend this site, as well as come up with new hand outs for the patients in our office. If it causes just a few woman less stress, it will be worth it. Fyi: I am day 10 post op, I had a horrable day yesterday, mostly my fault, I really did probably overdo it. But was balling the pain was so bad in the afternoon. I was better after a double dose of my pain meds, and a 3 hour nap. If not for this site, convinsing me I am normal, and need to take it easy, I would have many more bad days I am sure. Thank u too the founders, and too the other ladys like myself who are posting. My family may not know it, but I feel as you's are my life line right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Re: TAH 5 days ago - Am I normal?

twinkie, I'm so glad to hear you say even you didn't have all the information you needed - not glad you didn't HAVE the info, just glad to hear the rest of us aren't crazy and didn't just miss it when we were told.

My OB/GYN's office sent me a packet of information about my surgery - OK, not about MY surgery, it was the details of the vaginal procedure and I found out a couple of days before the surgery that they'd sent me the wrong info. Anyway, it was VERY detailed about the surgery itself, but the info on recovery basically said to take a few weeks off and call if there were signs of infection.

I'm thinking the post-op preparation would be much different if 30% of the MEN in this country were having a type of surgery with such a huge impact on them.
Unread 05-02-2009, 07:33 AM

I too had prior c-sections - three of them. I'm 4 days post-op from a TAH. Both ovaries and cervix are gone. Nada left. Getting the pain meds right was a big first step. They had mine all wrong. What made it worse for me is that I have a bulging disc in my back so laying down or in one position for very long aggrevates it. Makes pain so much worse, but once they found the right pain med for me it's been a different story. Now to just get past the gas pain. No children at home anymore but I'm still challenged by having a dog and cats that want up in my lap for reassurance. We've finding ways to accomodate by placing tables next to me they can sit on or my dog now has permission to sit between my feet. I have a very demanding job so I've been moving my mind around making my recovery my new job. Thinking through how to do something before making a move or delegating, delegating, delegating. I rest on here at prune juice might help get my bowels moving so I'm gonna try that today. Try new things. As my old AA sponsor use to tell me, If you find yourself in a place where you've never been before, turn left. If that doesn't work out you can always turn around and go right. Good luck, my friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2009, 04:24 PM

I agree with you, Twinkie!!! Like many of the women on here, i am SO glad I found this site!! Id be lost without it. The only 'information' I got from the hospital after my surgery was "Return to hospital if you get a fever over 101", "call your doctor and schedule an appointment for 2 weeks", and some smoking cessation material!!!!!!! WHAT?????? I just got cut from hip to hip, had my female organs ripped from my body, and they are more worried about quitting smoking?!?! It would be helpful if docs gave us women more info, as to ease some of our fears of recovery and ease our minds when something doesnt feel right during recovery too. Ive had days (im 11 days post-op, TAH) where Ive felt completely insane due to some of the emotion and physical aspects of recovery. So Rachee, you are NOT alone honey! *hugs*
Unread 05-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Re: Ten days post-op

I too want to thank everyone on this site. I feel that I got good info from my DR. But unless you actually have this done it would be hard to explain. And because everyone is different its nice to have so many people sharing their experiences. It also helps with the boredom. Thanks to all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register