Here Come Those Anxiety Attacks - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here Come Those Anxiety Attacks Here Come Those Anxiety Attacks

Unread 04-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Here Come Those Anxiety Attacks

So sorry you are having such a time. I am 7 weeks post op TAH/RSO. I was actually having problems with anxiety attacks before my surgery. For about 2 years before my surgery I had panic attacks pretty often. But now I haven't had a one since my surgery. Your problem is most likely the result of crazy hormones. Call you doc. and go have a talk with him. Hope things get better for ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2006, 08:02 PM

I'm sorry you are having to go thru this. I am one of those people who believe that panic attacks can be related to a thought process or be PURELY BIOLOGICAL - a brain chemistry imbalance. It takes listening to your gut and a really good doctor. I good psychiatrist can manage medication whether it be for hormones or brain chemistry. Psychiatrists sometimes have really bad reputations but some are so awesome and encourage you to do hormone testing and other physical things before prescribing meds. I hope you find relief soon. Those panic attacks can be so nasty.
Take care
Elaine
Unread 04-10-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibroid Woman
s

I kept my ovaries, too. All went well, until 1 year postop. Along with some other inter-related complications, I developed severe panic ATTACKS............they were so incredibly physical, that I did not even recognize them for what they are......thought I was having a heart attack. Without treatment, I developed a panic DISORDER.........fear of being caught in an "unsafe" place when the next unexpected attack might occur. I'd never had any such problems at all in my life!

It is important to get to your doc ASAP.....or an endocrinologist, because attacks can be stopped with meds......but, a developing disorder runs a little deeper and takes more time and treatment, including counselling. Evidently, when ovaries poop out, the adrenal glands try to compensate......thus, the anxiety. And, the anxiety became an extreme nightmare for me.

I started out with an SSRI antidepressant (Lexapro), combined with an antianxiety med (Buspar). These meds took care of business until I could get settled with hrt. It took a full 6 months for hrt to come to a balance.......so, I thank God for those other meds to carry me through, while we worked on the hormonal balance.

Don't let anyone convince you that you are crazy......this is a very real chemical imbalance. It can be resolved.

Hope you get resolution soon. Please come back here and let us know, OK? Take care, Princess................s....Deb
Thank you. I tried to make an appointment with the Doc today and looks as if I have to wait until tomorrow for a confirmation. Either way, I plan to get to see him as soon as possible. Glad I am not crazy and I PROMISE to kept u updated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register