panic attack???? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

panic attack???? panic attack????

Unread 08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Re: panic attack????

How long will you have had off if you are going back on the 22nd? I had my surgery LAVH/BSO on 12/7. Returned to work on Jan. 3rd. My doc told me I could return only if I felt ready. I am a teacher, and I am on my feet a lot- teaching, then walking around, checking on kids' work. Doc told me she would okay me if I promised to sit down 15 minutes every hour I got a small footrest and followed her instructions.
I was very tired, as one might expect; had to go home after school and rest. I would have stayed out longer, but I had never been out so long, end of term was looming.
Bottom line- be very honest with your doctor. My principal was great, as were fellow teachers. And just take it one day at a time- that gas can be a real problem.
I have been visiting hystersisters a lot recently because I had my breasts reduced two weeks ago and have been taking it easy. Came here a lot before and after my surgery- but by the time the six month mark four, five six month marks rolled around, I was back to my normal routine, hysterectomy seemed like a distant memory. Here's hoping you will have a similar experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Had to chuckle about you lying around in bed or recliner ordering family around! That is what you should do! Women, esp. moms, they are so often the anchor of the family. remember what they say here- you only have one chance to heal right, and then you can go back to being the anchor for the family. It also teaches family how important your role is.
I do not have kids, except the furry four footed variety-- three dogs, three cats, and a neighbor cat who has decided she wants to hang with me (kid has allergies) you reminded me how important it is to get enough sleep, for anyone- do you think having panic disorder makes us more vulnerable? I mean, sleep deprivation is a bear for anyone.
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
panic attack????

I miss running the house, I like being on control of schedules, meals;-). I do think sleep deprivation combined with psycho hormones and pain can trigger a panic attack. It sounds like you have a full house! I have a husband (he's been aces), one 8 yr old daughter and a dog.
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slwoman View Post
How long will you have had off if you are going back on the 22nd? I had my surgery LAVH/BSO on 12/7. Returned to work on Jan. 3rd. My doc told me I could return only if I felt ready. I am a teacher, and I am on my feet a lot- teaching, then walking around, checking on kids' work. Doc told me she would okay me if I promised to sit down 15 minutes every hour I got a small footrest and followed her instructions.
I was very tired, as one might expect; had to go home after school and rest. I would have stayed out longer, but I had never been out so long, end of term was looming.
Bottom line- be very honest with your doctor. My principal was great, as were fellow teachers. And just take it one day at a time- that gas can be a real problem.
I have been visiting hystersisters a lot recently because I had my breasts reduced two weeks ago and have been taking it easy. Came here a lot before and after my surgery- but by the time the six month mark four, five six month marks rolled around, I was back to my normal routine, hysterectomy seemed like a distant memory. Here's hoping you will have a similar experience!
I will be out 3 weeks when I return My husband is unemployed at the time so its was a very hard for me to stay out any longer I had 3 weeks of paid time off and doc told me I should be fine just expect to be tired and since I sit all day I should be okay I hope so I got up today and cleaned some around the house might have over done it a little bit but geeeeeeesh it felt good to do something!!
Unread 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM
panic attack????

How ya sleeping Dawn? I seem to only get about 6-7 hours a night but the are sound hours.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn41677 View Post
nite nite sweet dreams!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register