Fay Fay GO AWAY! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fay Fay GO AWAY! Fay Fay GO AWAY!

Unread 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

:run3: I cannot believe this! My surgery is next friday and although I am sure Fay will be out of Florida by then, now they are saying that other systems may be devoloping because of Fay! I started this little adventure three months ago when I was put into a chemical menopause to prepare for surgery. I have cried, I've been mad, I've had panic attacks, and just when I have had a good week were peace has taking over and I have nto freaked out or gotten anxious once, I could possibly face a cancellation!!!!!!!!! Dont think my hospital will be open because we live on a small island that gets evacuated for any category hurricane. My Dr is on call at the hospital the weekend of my surgery so I know he will be spending the night there too, so I told him if he cancels I will still show up and wont leave till he does it! And no one will come arrest me cause my DH is a police officer and they all know I lost my mind lately. LOL! He laughed and said there isnt a chance for cancellation. But I still cant help but worry! Please pray that this storm leave, it is sitting stationary right over my town, and I only have a few minutes of internet, power and tv. It has taken alot of prayer to get me to where I am not looking at this with such anxiety instead I am so ready to get it over with and get on with my life. Thank you ladies for all your prayers and kind words!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

Good luck! You are in my prayers!

I've gotten so OCD about my surgery- I'm freaking out over every little thing, and I'm still three weeks out. I'd hate to get all this waiting over and be cancelled. Yuck!
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

I definitely share your pain we too are dealing with fay. I hope that all goes well with your surgery. If it keeps raining like this we will be going around town in canoes. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

Ugh you Floridans need to push Fay on out. We are headed that way in the morning for a weeks vacation. I think it is due to hit the Pensacola area tomorrow, so I guess we will have lousy weather our first couple of days there.

I wouldn't worry much leek, hopefully there will be nothing big enough to come along to prevent your surgery from going through!
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

You will be in my prayers! I am sure your surgery will b eon time. I know about being OCD. I kinda have been since I got a date.
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

it is finally looking normal out here now! But they are still saying something else might develop I hope they are wrong. We have been through enough with this one. I just went outside and you cant even see the street it is covered in sand and tree limbs. ( I live on a island near the beach) My daddy works at the hospital and he said they didnt cancel any surgerys this week at all, so he is thinking unless something big directly hits us and we have to evacuate they wnt cancel my surgery. THANK GOODNESS! I remember a couple of years back my DS had his tonsils removed in the middle of a storm too, so I just need to calm down.
Unread 08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

Hey Kelly,
I'm waiting on Fay right now, she's on her way over here and will rain on us starting tomorrow around 2pm or so. I'm all set with a big pan of brownies with pecans, some good books and the remote control! I monitor the National Hurricane Center website religiously thanks to Ivan, Dennis and Katrina, and I haven't seen or heard about anything else worrisome following Fay. Don't worry, I think we'll be fine for awhile after Fay dries up. My friend Jim in Deland emailed me and said he thought I should get out my kayak just in case!
Unread 08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

Fay is an UNWANTED TOURIST !!! we are all sick of Fay!!

dont worry Kelly, all our prayers are with you, and no storms are going to stop your surgery...hang in there and stay calm. hugs.
Unread 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Fay Fay GO AWAY!

My surgery is also next Friday. And although I don't live in Florida, I do worry because my best friend lives there. She says things are ok, just lots of rain and wind. I do hope things get better for you both.

I also have to mention, that the one thing in your post that really hit home for me was the panic attacks. I was on lupron and started having them. I was told that the meds wouldn't do that. I'm sorry to say this, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that this has happened to. Now that I'm off the meds, they have gone away and I'm glad for that.

Good luck and I'm sure Fay will go away and the others will be nothing.
Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register