Tomorrow's the day ?!?!?!?!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow's the day ?!?!?!?!?!?! Tomorrow's the day ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Unread 05-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Tomorrow's the day ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do tonight to prepare myself for tomorrow morning? I haven't really been sleeping well all week and I am getting more nervous by the hour.

Thank you for your help,

Charlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2005, 12:11 PM

You can ask your Dr. if he can call you a sleeping pill. Mine did, but be prepared it might not work. Good luck tommorow!!!
Unread 05-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Tomorrow is the day for me as well

Hi Charlene,

I can understand your begin nervous I was the same way when I had my TAH in january 2003. You'll be fine. I'm at work now and I have to do a bowel prep about 8 tonight and I'm not looking for that. I have to be at the hospital by 7:50 tomorrow, I'm going to leave work and do a little running around before that dread b.p.

You'll be in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2005, 12:46 PM

Hi Charlene,

I spent the whole day and evening prior to surgery with my DH. We went to a movie, had lunch out, and spent a quiet night at home talking and watching a movie. I needed to be distracted as much as possible to avoid my head from spontaneously combusting. I stayed up as late as my DH could handle. I knew I'd be having a *very* long nap the next day. I tossed and turned most of the night, but just prayed for some sleep which eventually came. I know how nervous you are, but try to concentrate on the positives. For me, it's been the end of 10 years of pain. I can't wait to be completely healed and return to my life. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

MB
Unread 05-12-2005, 01:12 PM

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it! Mine too has been 10 years of dealing with this and I am so ready for it to be over. I am actually at work today and picking my best friend in the world (Mom) up at the airport tonight (she's coming in to help - god love her). My sweetie is coming over tonight as well. Hopefully that will help.
Unread 05-12-2005, 03:13 PM

Oh I know your feeling. I read your other post as well. I'm there too. I'm finding tho that once I got packed & ready with my stuff I feel more in control.

Now a classic movie. If you like movies, I find they help to take you to another place for a little while if that helps. My favorites are on TCM. It seems to be Marilynn day today.

Wishing you the best.
Unread 05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Relaxing and letting go

My surgery was completed 48 hours ago and here I am........writing on the computer and really wanting to help others get through this. I, too, went through 10 years before deciding to have this done.

I found that once I gave up trying to control everything I relaxed a bit. Everyone knew what I wanted in terms of anesthesia, etc. and I had a general idea of what to expect from this website.

On the day of surgery I was more relaxed than since I scheduled the surgery. At the last minute, I decided to be totally awake during the procedure which ended up being very good for me (I had a spinal).

Don't even worry about what you'll feel after surgery. Nurses told my DH that I wouldn't be able to eat., etc. I ate and watched t.v. all night. They'll take care of pain if there is any.

Trust that you'll be taken care of. Take some deep breaths if you get a bit nervous. The worst part is almost over (waiting).

You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow.

Travelcat
Unread 05-12-2005, 06:18 PM

This is going to sound funny but it worked for me.
After pacing around all evening before my surgery,and packing and taking a super scrubby bath and shave etc...
My husband who is quite the intuitive guy had me stand in the
middle of our living room with my feet together.
Then he told me to cross my hands over my heart and look up to Heaven.....
and fall backward...
(what?fall backward are you out of your mind?) of course he was behind me ready to catch me.
He looked at me as I got ready and said,"Just trust me."
Okay, so I folded my hands and looked up and fell back into his arms.
There,he said,see you just need to have faith that if you are going to fall someone will be there to catch you.

If it's not me it will be the doctor, or a nurse. and of course God runs the show so have faith and know you can always fall into His hands.
The rest of the evening I visualized falling into God's arms.
After that, I slept okay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register