Scheduled TVH bleeding/cramping from uterine biopsy before hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding/cramping from uterine biopsy before hysterectomy bleeding/cramping from uterine biopsy before hysterectomy

Unread 09-30-2010, 07:16 AM
bleeding/cramping from uterine biopsy before hysterectomy

Anyone out there have a uterine biopsy prior to their surgery? I'm wondering how long the cramping/bleeding last? I'm due for my period in about 5 days and wonder if the procedure will bring it on early? Nurse says cramping should subside very soon. Am scheduled for my vaginal hysterectomy in less than 3 weeks. Haven't really had time to digest it all since I just found out Monday that I need the surgery. This site has been most helpful so I'm hoping someone out there might have had the biopsy procedure prior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Re: bleeding/cramping from uterine biopsy before hysterectomy

I there! I'm new here as well. Just had my biopsy yesterday and today the spotting is brown so it should subside very quickly. I am scheduled for my hyst. on October 25th. My Doctor told me to take Advil to help with the cramping. Hope this helps!

Kathy
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:02 AM

Thanks for reply. I am using Motrin but my bleeding is still bright red. Good luck on your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2010, 11:00 AM

I actually had the biopsy done as a fractional D & C. The recovery was quick and the spotting didn't last. However, my gyn was surprised that I had my period a week early - she said (and I quote!!) "I scraped you out pretty thoroughly. It must be your body telling you the hysterectomy is the right decision!"

I had some mild cramping that day, but ibuprofen (400 mg) took care of it.
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM

I too had some pretty uncomfy cramping after mine, and it continued for some time and brought my period on early too. Ibuprofen helped somewhat,,,,but with all the discomfort I've had in the past 5 years,,,,HYSTERECTOMY HAS WORKED THE BEST. Good luck and remember, if youre concerned,,,call the
Unread 09-30-2010, 04:05 PM

I had this done and bled for only one day. I did cramp a bit all evening, but all was well the next day. And yes, I started my period right on time a few weeks later. I am due for a possible LAVH or TAH right around the corner...Oct. 4th, this Monday. I can't wait until it is over....NO MORE bleeding! Good luck to you!
Unread 09-30-2010, 04:56 PM

I had a uterine biopsy and cramped for about a day and a half. Took tylenol with codein for the first day and then just regular tylenol after that.

I'd had my period for 3 months leading up to the UB and continued to have it for about a month following so I can't offer any insight in that respect.

Good luck to you!
Unread 09-30-2010, 05:48 PM

I had cramps for a few hours, nothing worse than menstrual cramps. Ibuprofen took care of it. And I bled lightly for about a day.
Unread 09-30-2010, 06:30 PM

I had no cramping or bleeding at all. I guess it can really vary but I just didn't have any, so I hope yours goes well, too.
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:49 PM

I'm a wussy...got real close to screaming during my biopsy . Pain only lasted for a day or so and, like some of the other ladies, started my period a week after.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register