What in the world is going on with me??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What in the world is going on with me??? What in the world is going on with me???

Unread 07-26-2004, 05:44 PM
What in the world is going on with me???

These last few days I have had horrible jitters! Its to the point where I can't funtion, I break down in tears and just feel like my world is collapsing!

I had post-partum depression that was treated by meds, but have never felt anything like this before.

I do have an appt. wih my GP dr. tomorrow morning to see what is going on! He said I may have to start back on some anti-anxiety meds (which I have been off of for 2 yrs). I just don't know what is going on!!!

Help!!!!

: bigcry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2004, 06:29 PM

I think what you are feeling is very normal. I am usually a very strong person. I have been accused many times of being assertive, outspoken, etc. But I went thru a period like that awhile ago. I had to come to terms with what was happening to me, greive, mourn, deny, and all of those other emotions. It was hard but when I put it in its place, it has been much easier.

I guess what I am saying is in my opinion, you have a right and a very good reason for being upset. Give yourself the same care you would give to a dear friend. And the same grace.

k9
Unread 07-26-2004, 07:30 PM

You have a plate full of things that I'm sure you never expected to have to go through at 23. You have every right to feel the way you do.

Speak to your doctor. You made need something to help you rest completely until your surgery.

You are in my prayers and I'm sure in all our sisters.

Take care,

Theresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2004, 07:34 AM

Hi

I'm happy that you're seeing your dr. I hope that together you can decide what to do that will help you best.

You'll be in my that all will get better for you soon.

Unread 07-27-2004, 09:59 AM

I just want to add my voice here, letting you know that anxiety this close to your surgery is something a LOT of us go through! Heck, I was so nervous the morning of surgery I came --><--that close to walking out the door when I was waiting to go change clothes and get on the gurney.

If medications will help you, then by all means accept them if your doc offers to write a prescription. If you can do relaxation techniques to help yourself, then get into them as much as you can. I found that a bubble bath soak and a relaxation cd for 30 minutes every evening helped me a LOT that last week before surgery. Plus, it made it not so tough to do without my ritual soak for the first few weeks after surgery.

Know that you have the positive thoughts of many many women on your side right now. Take comfort in the fact that so many have been in the very steps you're walking right now.
Unread 07-27-2004, 10:21 AM

Don't be afraid to go back on your meds if you need them! This is a major event in your life. I had a horrible afternoon yesterday. (I am one week post op.) I thought my world was ending. Then, it dawned on me that I have been so caught up in getting this surgery that I'd forgotten to take my anti-depressants. To make matters worse, I'd forgotten to get my doc to give me a refill, so I am low on them. ARGHH!!
You cannot heal properly if you can't relax. Do what you have to do to heal. Trust me, you are not the first person to have this sort of problem. Take good care of yourself! ((((HUGS))))
Unread 07-27-2004, 02:17 PM

Thanks all!
I had a nice talk with my primary dr. today and we decided to try some Paxil for awhile and see if that helps at all.

He was very comforting and assured me that what I am going through is perfectly normal!
Unread 07-27-2004, 03:05 PM

I haven't had the jitters yet, but I am having the jitters about having the jitters.... last yr when I had my emergency D&C, although it was kind of expected, when I was sent over, and waiting, after I sat there with my IV in, I told my husband I was having the worst panic attack, and I was fighting everything in me not to rip my IV out and run out of the hospital...... I am dreading that feeling the morning of my surgery, although I have to get up at like 330am, so maybe sheer exhaustion will keep me in check....I had never felt that way before..... of course, I hadn't had surg b4 either... hmmmmm..... I wish you the best, as I know it can all be overwhelming....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register