So excited to have a date! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So excited to have a date! So excited to have a date!

Unread 05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
So excited to have a date!

Hi everyone!! I'm pretty new here and only posted a few times. Quick background, I'm 24 (25 in July) and have a history of adenomyosis, severely retroverted/retroflexed uterus, chronic pelvic pain, horrific periods etc etc. I've endured 2 Laps, a hysteroscopy, and a presacral neurectomy. I have been trying to find a Dr understanding of my pain and how it is affecting my home life and just my general well-being. It's been advised in the past that I have a hysterectomy by 2 separate doctors. Finally I am at a point in my life that I'd like to pursue that and now I have been having a hard time finding someone to do it given my young age. Well, I am very excited to say that today I found a great Dr through the recommendation of a friend and previous hyst patient and he put my age aside and said he would like to end my suffering! The date is scheduled for June 11th. I was quite shocked they were able to get me in so soon.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone with upcoming surgeries!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Re: So excited to have a date!

I'm so happy you finally found someone that wants to help you!
:cathugs:
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:35 PM

I hope all goes well for you. The first few weeks post-op will be tough, but after all you have been through, you will probably feel totally liberated to be rid of all the pain you have been enduring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM

Thank you very much! I'm a bit anxious for the post-op but hopefully it'll go well. My dr said based on my age (being younger) and my overall fitness he thinks I should bounce right back and said I should be able to go back to work within 2 weeks. I won't be able to lift anything for a month but I'm glad I can go back to work so soon.
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:41 PM

Hey we have the same date! Though I've been waiting since April 2nd knowing my date. I'm so ready to be done with all the angst that comes with my monthly mess.

Good luck to us all!
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:51 PM

Yay! How neat! I know what you mean about the monthly mess. I'm dreading my next one due in about a week but I'm looking forward to it being the last one I'll have. Oddly enough, it's a little bittersweet.
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:58 PM

yup my last one should start in about 1 week also. I'm done!

I was talking with a gal at work today and she heard me mention I was going in for surgery and I told her what surgery, she looked me dead in the eye and said it was the best thing she ever did!

I love that kind of support! I'm so happy and not really nervous or anything.

I have been listening to a pre op self hypnosis cd and I it makes it so easy to go to sleep every night. very relaxed and the positive affirmations are great. It's actually the series that is in the hyster sisters store.

Have fun getting ready! Cheers to us!
Stephanie
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:11 PM

I also have a coworker who said it was the best thing ever. She's a good friend of mine outside of work and recommended seeing her dr so I did and he's the one that is going to be doing the surgery. The only thing I'm nervous about is having it done through my abdomin. I was very hopeful I would have it done laparoscopically (sp?) or vaginally but given my extensive history the dr felt it was best to do it through my belly. Good luck!!
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:45 PM

If you are comfortable with your Doctor then trust the decision on how he feels best for your surgery. I see that you went through a lot to find one who is willing to do it and was recommended by a friend too. Sounds good to me.

I am scheduled for a Robotic Lap but it could change to abdominal if my doctor finds that she can't do it safely.

What ever way it gets done I'm ready to be on the other side of it!

Cheers!
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM

I'm 28! I know what you mean about doctors hesitating for age - mine said "4 is enough to convince me, especially if they are all boys!". My date was set today for next Wednesday the 30th. I'm excited myself... do you feel odd you are so young and so happy to have the uterus removed?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register