Upcoming hysterectomy 8/16: Preop Visit Today - getting cold feet! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 8/16: Preop Visit Today - getting cold feet! Upcoming hysterectomy 8/16: Preop Visit Today - getting cold feet!

Unread 08-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 8/16: Preop Visit Today - getting cold feet!

I have my preop visit in a couple hours. I'm getting anxious over everything! Am I doing the right thing? Will I be Normal again, will I gain weight, be depressed, have a bad sex life after?? All these thoughts are running through my head! The only thing that is reassuring me about my decision is after 3 plus months I'm having a period and it's a painful one! I'm just worried about feeling like me when I'm minus a uterus and ovaries. Am I just losing it or is this just normal nerves?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Re: Preop Visit Today - getting cold feet!

Hi! I am sitting in a chair right now after my hysterectomy yesterday morning. I cancelled my surgery once already and finally went through with it. I was a wreck for days leading up and especially the day before. My family had to basically pull me off the ceiling I was so scared. There was a heaviness and feeling of being "Thanksgiving meal" full and terrible cramping for years and I swear it's relieved already. I'm very sore and don't like taking narcotics but I have been and it's really the way to go. I almost think it would be strange if you weren't scared and worried. It's a big deal! It's also a big deal to enjoy your life without your uterus calling all the shots. I wish you the very best of luck! (I did tell them I was really nervous when I went in yesterday morning-but I think they could tell They pretty quickly gave me something to calm me down (which I was also a little scared of) If you have any other concerns or worried I"d be glad to help ease your mind and I'll be completely honest. I spent a couple of hours messaging back and forth to a friend the evening before who was terrified of hers and so thankful she did it!
Unread 08-11-2017, 11:29 AM

You are normal to have nerves . I know I have them . I just had my pre op phone call a little while ago. I told my DH that it's getting real now. My surgery is on Monday am. I am nervous but will be glad it will be over and I found out all our answers. I have a small mass that they don't think is cancer but will not know until they can biopsy it. It's hard to go and have something done that you know you are going to hurt but in the end it will help you feel better.
Good luck to you next week .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2017, 03:13 PM

I have all the same feelings you're having. I don't know how many times I've cried. I'm even at a state now of saying I'm fine I don't need the surgery. Then a random cramp hits and I'm back in reality.

So I'm holding on that what I've endured for 20 years will all be better in a few months.

I pray you have a smooth recovery & no residual complications.
Unread 08-11-2017, 06:28 PM

I completely know the feeling, my pre-op is next week and I'm terrified of everything :-( my file actually says I'm to have the atavin cocktail when I arrive due to immense anxiety. That has thrown me for a new loop...shoot I don't want any drugs I'm terrified! When is your surgery date?
Unread 08-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 8/16: Preop Visit Today - getting cold feet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie246 View Post
I completely know the feeling, my pre-op is next week and I'm terrified of everything :-( my file actually says I'm to have the atavin cocktail when I arrive due to immense anxiety. That has thrown me for a new loop...shoot I don't want any drugs I'm terrified! When is your surgery date?
August 16. Preop visit today. Helped a little getting that done but still a bit terrified.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register