Ativan--anyone else take this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ativan--anyone else take this? Ativan--anyone else take this?

Unread 07-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Ativan--anyone else take this?

I finally called my dr today and told them that I have averaged less than 3 hours of sleep every night since last Saturday. I also have zero appetite and am nauseated when I do try to eat. So I get a prescription of Ativan, 1 mg, 5 pills, take 1 tablet twice a day as needed for anxiety. Sure hope this gets me thru the weekend. My pre-op appt is on Monday and I'm afraid after that appt my anxiety will really get worse. I wonder if he will prescribe me more at the pre-op to take from Monday until I check in to the castle on Wednesday. Only 1mg, but it seems to help, I am terrible sleepy....still don't feel like eating though.....my nerves are shot!!!

Anyone else take this??

Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Ativan

I take the generic version, lorazepam. I have a panic disorder and take them "as needed". For me they are a lifesaver! I call them my "chill pill". They will make you drowsy. Sometimes I'll take just a 1/2 if I just need to take the edge off, but don't want to be dopey. They work pretty quick. If you're worried about more anxiety up to your surg. date, ask for more! I know I'll be getting a refill to keep on hand before my surgery!
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:28 PM

I also take Lorazapam, generic form of Ativan. I have anxiety attacks and in the middle of one, my DH gives me one of those pills and it really calms me down so I don't hyperventilate.
I also have GAD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, so that helps w/ that too. In the last couple weeks I've also had insomnia but the Ativan hasn't been helping w/ that. So I've been taking OTC sleep aids for that,so far that's helped me sleep better. My surgery isn't until Sept. but I feel like I am in anxiety overload lately
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 07:33 AM

Works great to relieve anxiety and promote relaxation (when taken at bedtime), but it can make you drowsy or impair your judgment or reaction time, so do be careful about driving when you are taking it.

My dr. gave me a sleeping pill to take the night before the surgery so I would not be unable to sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register