Ready and willing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ready and willing Ready and willing

Unread 04-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Ready and willing

I will be in the castle in five days and it can't come soon enough! Unlike so many of my sisters out there, I have never once agonized over my decision to have a TAH/BSO. I'll admit, I don't really understand those who do beat themselves up over it, but I guess I'm very secure in my sense of self. My way of handling something like this is education - knowledge makes the bogey man go away.

So to everyone out there who's debating and worrying - it's time to let it go. Here are the choices: live in pain/discomfort or embrace a pain-free life. Hmmm...what should I choose? When I explain it that way, even my male friends get it!

As for fears about surgically enduced menopause - frankly, as women we get the short end of the stick - we're going to go through menopause sooner or later, like it or not. I started the hot flushes and mood swings and everything else over ten years ago and took BCP as HRT for nine years. I quit taking it cold turkey and feel better than I've felt in years - got my libido and my hair back! My dr will have to hold me down and force it on me before I'll agree to go back on it! hee-hee

There. I feel better. I'm going to finish out the day at work, then drive four hours to enjoy a girls' weekend with my mom, sis and sis-in-law before kissing my uterus goodbye. God bless everyone of you, wherever you are in your process. I'm a work in progress myself. Love, cj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Ready and willing

Best to you, cj - and I love your sig line! You won't even need to change it when you get back.
God bless,

joano
Unread 04-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Ready and willing

Good for you! I believe a positive attitude makes all the difference. I went into surgery eagerly, came out smiling, and haven't really stopped for the past four weeks, and couldn't be doing better. Can't imagine how good life will be once I've completely recovered!

Thanks for the boost. I bet you've cheered a lot of hearts today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Ready and willing

for me, the hesitiation about the surgery came from my fear of surgery esp. anesthesia. I have no doubts about the need for surgery and I am so looking forward to life without pain and heavy bleeding but I am just so scared of going into the operating room. I am trying to stay positive and it feels good to hear from someone who is so positive about their surgery.

Lisa
39yr old. will have TVH 4/6/05 for adeno. keeping ovaries
Unread 04-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Ready and willing

Hi, cj!

That positive attitude of yours is FANTASTIC!!! It will really help with the recovery process. I went into my surgery with much the same attitude and had a relatively easy recovery. It sounds like you will, too!

Enjoy your girls weekend!

's

Katie
Unread 04-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Ready and willing

CJ,
Good for you girl! I love the attitude! Best wishes to you and keep us posted. I know that you will do great!
Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register