Surgery on Wed. the 30th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on Wed. the 30th Surgery on Wed. the 30th

Unread 03-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Surgery on Wed. the 30th

Hi I am new but my sister has been coming here since Dec. She had a full hysterectomy in January. Now it is my turn. I am not to worried about the surgery just at what they might find. I don't want any complications not now. We just lost a sister last month from complications of diabites. I just do not want to put anything else on my family right now. Besides my son graduates in June and I want to be feeling great by then. So please reasure me that I will be feeling great by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Surgery on Wed. the 30th

Hi,

I, too, am scared. Didn't think I would be. But it's there.

One thing I am sure of: I'll be fine. And so will you.

I don't get involved with religious things. I am Unitarian - rather foreign to the Bible Belt, where I have landed after being a New Englander most of my life. But I really believe that in the hands of a capable doctor and a good hospital (that can be Thank God Community Hospital or Chicago Hope or Mass General Hospital), we'll both do fine.

We both have lots of things to do before we're not supposed to do it anymore. So we'll come out of this just fine.

When are you due to go in for your opeation? I found out about my uterine cancer Thursday. I go in this coming Tuesday for the beginning of my time to inconvenience everyone else in my family for about 6 weeks.

To help you feel a bit better? I am over 60. 30 years ago I had an operation to assure I'd become pregeant. All it did was make my doctor richer, but the operation was just as invasive. It hurt afterwards, a lot, but so does breaking up with a boyfriend when you are 17!

Honest, you and I, and the other wonderful women out there will do just fine.

PhiDough
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:58 PM
i'm scheduled for the 30th also :)

Hi LadyJane, I'm scheduled on weds also. I'm getting more nervous each day that gets closer. I am reading so much about pre op and post of here on this website and that does help alot with my questions. I am 47 with adenomyosis and fibroids. It has caused me lots of problems with heavy bleeding , cramps, and back ache. So , I guess I should say that I am looking forward to no more symptoms. Once we have gone through the surgery and all we should be feeling alot better. Just thought I'd say hello to you and we'll be fine!! Happy Eastereveryone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Surgery on Wed. the 30th

(((ladyjane)))

I'm so glad you found us at HysterSisters!!!

It's normal to be a bit worried about what will be found during surgery. Hopefully yours will be uncomplicated and you'll be feeling much better by your ds's graduation in June!

If you get a chance, check out the Checkpoints section of the site. To get there, click on "Checkpoints" in the lavender bar near the top of the page. There you'll find lots of great info about the surgery and what to expect.

P.S.: Since you have a surgery date set, it would be great if you could add that date to your profile. (Click on "Control Panel" in the lavender bar at the top of the page.) Then you'll get HysterSister greetings and information based on your surgery date, and you won't have to keep putting your surgery date in your posts!

We're here for you whenever you need us!
Unread 03-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Tomorrow

ok Now I am scared. I did my clear liquid diet today and did the bowl prep. I cleaned the house and am still going strong. I dont want to go to bed because tomorrow will come to fast. LOL I will have my husband my son and my sister (LEW) going to the hospital with me tomorrow. Well just wanted to crybaby to someone. Thanks
Unread 04-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Surgery on Wed. the 30th

Hey, Ladyjane!

Surgery's a piece of cake!

I went in at 9:30 3/29 to the hospital, they took everything that looked interesting (everything reproductive, that is) - which meant the took everything out.

Was in my room and listening to my doctor around 11 am ish.

Felt no pain (the nurse in pre-o told me I have some pills you are just going to LOVE!) after surgery.

The 30th, I spent most of the day asking the nurses to get me sme roller skates. This walking the halls stuff is boring.

They shoved me out of the hosital at 9 am yesterday.

One thing though: I had some discomfort on the 30th. And my blood pressure kept going up. The discomfort was minimal, I thought. But the wise old Nurse FuzzyWuzzy told me she noticed I hadn't asked for any pain pills. I told her the pain wasn't that bad. Short of calling me stupid, she informed me that besides relieving any pain I thought I could work through, the pills would drop my blood pressure to nearer normal (it had gone from 130 to over 150). She came back and stood over me until I took the pill. I slept for a while, and when I awoke, they took my blood pressure again. Down to 114! And I didn't worry about "tolerating" the pain any more.

So, my'lady, be not afraid or nervous. I'm taking only 3 advil/day and a pain pill every six hours or so. LorTab. Not even Percoset (the heaviest drug). And I am a pain-intolerant person. So thngs will be fine. I dn't have my lab resutls back yet, but I'm sure it'll say I'm clear of the cancer.

Good Luck (though you won't need it)

PhiDough

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register