Weepy...but hiding away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weepy...but hiding away Weepy...but hiding away

Unread 08-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Weepy...but hiding away

I just need to share with you lovely sisters, from whom I am gaining so much good advice and support, that I am feeling very weepy at the moment.

I'm 2 weeks TAH/BSO post-op (traumatic/complications/more surgery 2 days later blah blah!) and generally, emotionally, have been feeling ok.

But this evening I feel very small and weepy. My DH has taken my children away for the weekend but I don't feel good being alone. This morning I slipped in the shower and gave myself a fright more than being hurt, but I've been shakey all day. My tummy is so sore that I can't even bear to have my duvet resting on me.

I am lucky that a couple of good friends have looked in on me, and just now my parents dropped in on their way to dinner at my sisters. But I couldn't tell them how I feel, in fact I couldn't wait for them to leave, which seems odd given that I feel very 'poor me, lonely me'. I just want to hide.

I don't know if I need a good kick up the behind (I know there are lots of people worse off, even on this forum) or a hug or just a good, solitary cry. I'm wondering if this is partly the trauma of the surgery/horrific pain/emergency surgery that has at last crept up on me. My experience was horrific - I felt I was being tortured, as if I was in a horror movie, for 2 days after surgery - until they operated the 2nd time and sorted all the bleeding out.

I am so thankful for this forum - I know some of you will feel the same, have felt what I feel, understand exactly and will somehow send me love across the Atlantic/cyberspace, to my little bedroom overlooking English countryside (where, incidentally, it's raining).

Thanks for listening
x
(I actually feel a bit better already just getting it off my chest)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Re: Weepy...but hiding away

Sweetie, get that hard cry out. Just let go and let it all out, cry and scream and tell the world how unfair it all is. You will feel better, I promise. Coming down off all the adrenaline associated with an emergency situation is not easy on your emotions! I'm sorry you feel so sad.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:01 PM

It is easy to isolate yourself after the surgery. It is very normal for your emotions to be all over the place. Just hang in there because you will feel better. Just try to take it easy. I was afraid to be in the shower alone because I was afraid I would fall. Glad you are not hurt. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2010, 01:21 PM

Ripple, Come sit in this cozy chair next to the window. I have this nice throw you can wrap up in...smell it, just laundered. Isn't it nice? Now are you comfortable? Look out over the countryside...look how the rain drips from those leaves over there. Doesn't it sound peaceful? Here is your favorite book. I'm going to get you a cup of tea, would you like some crackers or a sandwich with that?

There, I'll just sit here next to you and watch the rain too. I love the smell of rain on the land, and the sound as it patters on things. It's so nice just being here with you with nobody else around...so quiet and beautiful.
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:22 PM

Bik,
That was absolutely beautiful! I could have used you at week 3.

Ripple,
I was going to suggest a Harry Potter movie and flaking on the sofa.
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:17 PM

Go ahead and cry....it is cleansing.....you have been through a rough time....it's ok...really....your sisters are here for you.....
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:31 PM

Ripple, I'm sending you hugz across the ocean from Virginia. I remember at week 2 being alone; my DH went back to work and my children were away. I felt the same. I put my heating pad on and pulled the sheet over my head (didn't want anything on my swelly belly either).

This is a wonderful place to get the love and support you need right now!

Be Well,
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:34 PM

Ripple,
I was very emotional after my surgery. Try to let everyone know so they can be there for you. I am sending you lots of hugs and support even though I can't be with you. Just let yourself feel everything and acknowledge it was scary and tough with your complications. Here's to a smooth recovery from now on. Sending
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:17 PM

I had a fairly emotional day yesterday too. My husband has now taken my kids to see his parents for the day and I am at home alone. I was looking forward to being without anyone and feeling the need to 'play Mum' and be social. But actually I feel quite sad.

I hear you sister - you are not alone.

Unread 08-20-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple View Post
...my little bedroom overlooking English countryside (where, incidentally, it's raining).
Ripple, I hope you're feeling better. You certainly got a lot of love and support from the other sisters here, so I'm sure that helped. I supposed it's the middle of the night where you are, so hopefully you're sleeping soundly right now.

I just wanted to point out that when I read about your bedroom overlooking the English countryside, I got so jealous!!! I love rainy days, too, so your afternoon sounded perfect to me!!! I have lovely views outside my condo, but I don't think they'd match the English countryside!!!

and

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register