Awe man, my time to be at the castle SUCKS! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Awe man, my time to be at the castle SUCKS! Awe man, my time to be at the castle SUCKS!

Unread 08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Awe man, my time to be at the castle SUCKS!

Just got a call from the hospital, they say to be at the castle at 1:30 pm. This sucks! All morning with nothing to eat or drink. I'm worried that I'm going to have a terrible headache by then. I'm really disappointed but there's nothing that I can do about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2008, 01:36 PM

Wow, that will suck! I have to be there at 8:30 in the morning, surgery at 10:30.
Unread 08-15-2008, 01:44 PM

Wow, that will suck. I am like manyblessings..I have to be at the hospital at 8:30, surgery at 10:30. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2008, 02:28 PM

I had to be there at 11:30 for 1:30 surgery, however, there was a delay and I didn't see the OR until 3:30 pm.
Unread 08-15-2008, 02:38 PM
My nerves are frazzled!!!!

My surgery is in 3 weeks. I need to be at the hospital by 6:00 a.m. I've been reading everything that's out there. Would someone PLEASE put my mind at ease. Not only am I worried, but my husband is about to come unglued....
Unread 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM

My surgery is 8/18 at 7:30 am, I was told to be at the hospital at 5:45am. That is early but at least it will be over soon.
Unread 08-15-2008, 03:01 PM

I have to be at the Castle at 5:00 a.m. - that's way too early to get up and go anywhere. At least at that time of day they shouldn't be behind schedule yet )
Unread 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM

{{{bran5022}}}--Please call your doctor and let them know you don't feel well without food. There is a certain number of hours you need to be without food before surgery, but they generally tell everyone to stop eating at midnight the night before. With your late surgery time, probably 3 or 4 pm, you might be able to get permission to have a light snack very early in the morning. It's not a sure thing by any means, but it's certainly worth a try. By the way, I feel ill and get headaches when I don't eat, also, so I know where you're coming from.

As far as the surgery goes, everyone says the waiting is the worst part. They are absolutely right!!! Try to take some deep breaths and find something to keep your body and your mind occupied until it's time to go to the castle. Before you know it, you'll be on the other side enjoying your royal status! Best wishes and hugs.
Unread 08-15-2008, 03:26 PM

bran5022,
My surgery wasn't scheduled until 3pm. You're right it sucked. I made sure to eat something at 11:30pm the night before and drank lots of water. I was dehydrated by the time I was admitted. They had a hard time putting in my IV because my poor veins were so shriveled. The problem having a late surgery is you really don't get to your room until nighttime. I got in my room by 9pm.The next morning my nurses didn't realize I had only been out of surgery a short time. I believe by taking out my catheter and having me take my pain meds orally I had more problems peeing, passing gas and keeping things down (sorry so graphic) Make sure your morning nurses don't rush you. Let them know if you had a late surgery. They may think you had all the day before to recoup. Good luck! Maybe there will be a cancelation or two the day you go in!
Unread 08-16-2008, 02:24 AM

My surgery was at 3.30pm I DID have a terrible headache going in, I also thought I was going to die of starvation but you will wake up feeling OK, once the drip does its wonders you are not so dehydrated or hungry and my headache was gone (prob from all the morphine!!). They did offer me paracetamol for the headache which I declined (it was food and drink I needed). My point is hopefully the discomfort will only be temporary and you will wake up a new woman.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register