MRSA infection, anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MRSA infection, anyone? MRSA infection, anyone?

Unread 01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
MRSA infection, anyone?

Hello My HysterSisters

I had an LAVH on 11/11/09. everything has been going great beside very tired. The problem is my belly button started oozing about a week ago. So I went for my post op (which turned into an 8 wk apt due to weather) and they took a culture. The nurse called me back today to let me know it came back as MRSA. Has anyone had this happen to them. Do I need to be concerned about my children? All I know about this is there was a big hype about it in the news. How did this happen at 7 weeks post op??? I hope some one out there can give me some insite on this! Thank you girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Re: MRSA/ children mentioned

Hi there,

I haven't had that experience but wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and that I hope your drs get that cleared up for you fast. Best wishes,
Unread 01-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Re: MRSA infection, anyone?

Thank you I do to! My poor DH is scared to even sleep in the same bed as me because he has sever psoriasis, and alot of open wounds because of it. He also has a compromised immune system due to the meds. I feel lost and very confused. I am not sleeping at night and now this. I feel like this should all be past me because I am now 9 weeks post op! When is it ever going to end. I am almost regretting this whole decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Re: MRSA infection, anyone?

I did not have this problem, but my youngest has had it recurring for 3 yrs since his hearing aid implant surgery. It can also reappear as boils on his thighs, back, and surgical site behind his ear. I get him to the dr. immediately, but practice precautions. I clean his site (when it happens) with gloves and saline, I bandage it during the day when he is up and moving so he can not touch it, have him wash his hands frequently, and wash his clothes separately.

Luckily he has had any recurrences in almost a year and when following the directions heals quickly with care and anit-biotics. The key is getting it diagnosed and treated quickly, then practicing the precautions at home. I hoped that helps.

Just wanted to add keep the site cleaned and it seems it is in a spot where it will be covered. So unless the person is in direct contact with the area, and like your husband with a compromised immune system and open sores then touches them, then there could be contamination. But keep it clean, bandaged as directed, wash your clothes separately, the anti-biotics should start working you will be fine. Just keep in contact with the dr. if it seems to be getting worse. My son's always healed quickly with the anit-biotics.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register