Anyone else have a Robotic Hyster? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have a Robotic Hyster? Anyone else have a Robotic Hyster?

Unread 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Re: Anyone else have a Robotic Hyster?

I had the da vinci surgery on Feb 13. I guess I am one of the fortunate ones. No pain meds and back to normal within two weeks. 10 days post my surgeon dismissed me. Follow up in three months. Just so you don't think I am one of those super woman, I am 66 years old and overweight, and sedentary. I think that my speedy recovery has to do with my expectations. I thought I was going to have abdominal surgery as I had the dx of cancer of the uterus going in. When I was told that my surgeon could do this surgery via robot and no large incision, I knew that I would be ok.
Started radiation last week and so far that has been just as easy. Not a single problem. I thank God every day and pray that all of you can get thru your problems and feel well again.
RATH 2/13/09
Stage 1c, grade 2 cancer
5 weeks radiation and then 3 internal treatments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2009, 09:57 PM

Wow! you are a super woman to me! God is watching over you! I do envy your recovery! Mind over matter may be helping you ~ I think more is happening here for you. Keep us posted with your radiation and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:28 AM

I had a robotic hysterectomy too. I was told initially that I would be able to go back to work after 2 weeks - but at my pre-op appt, the doc said '6 weeks' - but I was able to go back part-time at 4.
Just be patient, don't do anythng that is not allowed, like lifting or vacuuming. Mother Nature takes time. I found it helpful to eat lots of protein and also took a Airborne drink every day, it is packed with vitamins and minerals. Be patient with yourself and love this Quiet Time because you may never get it again! I loved the time I was off on forced rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2009, 09:21 PM

I had robotic surgery May12th . I had 2 fibroids one large size of cantelope to a melon Doctor said the other I don't know ,I guess it was taken vaginally after cutting it in 4 pieces so she said. I think I am doing fairly well , except having some major scaro hip pain today and that thing is no longer there pressing , plus very swollen calves and feet, GAS killing me ...however my Doctor was like you could prob get back to work in 2 weeks ............cough ...I do ultrasound and I push a 500 lb machine to each patients room ,once there move hospital beds , recliners and position patients for the exam ....I'm thinking I won;t be able to do that ...........she said okay I'll give you 6 weeks but i felt like I had to beg for it ....little annoyed by that ....
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:51 PM

Your doctor must be living on another planet, probably run by medical technology marketers and salespeople.
She will learn, as her patients get relapses from going back to work too soon. I am happy you listened to your body and not the doctor.
Take care of yourself and God bless and heal you quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register