No Bending Over - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Bending Over No Bending Over

Unread 09-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Re: No Bending Over

Aww, *hugs*

I have zero trouble getting out of bed but I'm so scared of bending/squatting too much. Since I want to go back to weight lifting, I'm sooo paranoid about messing myself up. I'm afraid I won't even be able to lift as heavy as I was 4 weeks ago. If that's the case, then I'll just live with that. My health is more important and darn sure don't want ANOTHER surgery.

lol, I'll just have to improvise.....maybe start doing some UFC type training. I was on a lifting program called 636 NFL weight lifting. It was "watered" down for the casual weight lifters but it was VERY difficult.

I weigh 115lbs and was squatting 156lbs & benching 100lbs. lol, there was no women that had the guts to do it but me and I loved that program. It pushed me to my limits.

I have a herniated disc and lifting kept my back strong and pain free. This morning, my back is killing me since I can't do anything ATM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 10:22 AM
No Bending Over

I just hope I did not mess anything up tummy tender am in hormone trouble. Postop had patch then tried gel and now shot. What else is there?
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:30 AM

This not bending over is news to me too. I have been squating for most of the things I keep dropping on the floor, but have done some bending. I am two weeks out and my dr never mentioned not bending. She gave me the go ahead on driving last week but have only done that once. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Hope I haven't done anything wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 10:37 AM

Yes it is am 3 wks out from tvh a and p repair.
Unread 09-16-2011, 07:07 AM

My doc said nothing about bending. I've gotten faily low but by using my legs and bending at the knee. Feels ok. So difficlt to remeber that dropping a little something is a huge ordeal. You might try the leg bend especially if you are farther along in recovery. Good luck!
Unread 09-16-2011, 07:38 AM

One thing I can say now that I am at 4 weeks today. It does get better. I had a LSH and nowadays I'm bending a lot easier than before. I do squat more than I bend however If I forget and I bend over, it isn't so bad anymore.
Unread 09-16-2011, 09:10 AM

My doc never said anything either, I received a print out of do's and don'ts. I only wish I found this website sooner, or I wouldn't have strained myself and started bleeding again. I'm 4 weeks after DaVinci V hyst. bending over with my knees worked bestl You're so right about it being a Huge Ordeal. I found that walking is the best and avoid housework. I lifted a pot of water for spaghetti, it made me bleed again. 3 days bedrest has stopped the bleeding
Unread 09-16-2011, 09:16 AM

I hope you feel better after driving I was so sore from going over the bumps. Just go slow, don't brake hard and lean a little forward going over potholes etc. it won't hurt as much. Just remember to take it easy
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:49 PM

I am at 5 weeks post op and I also was never told no bending, so I have done bending to put shoes on, shave, etc. I was mainly told no lifting, pulling, or pushing of anything over 10 lbs for the first two weeks, and of course NOTHING in the vagina for 6 wks.

I had my post op at 2 wks and was told I did not need to come back again for 6 mos. Is this normal?
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:25 PM

I'm one week post LSH and was never told not to do any bending. I have been bending, to feed the dogs and let them outside, and pick stuff up off the floor, and to get dressed . . . haven't tried shaving my legs yet, though! Haven't had any problems, no pulling or pain or bleeding. I do try to remember to 'bend' with my legs and not my back, which seems to help.

I was even bending in the hospital, in front of the nurses and my doctor, to undo my leg cuffs so I could walk around, and to get my slippers on, and no one ever said anything about it. I don't think I even have any internal stitches . . .

I will continue to take it easy as I have been, but just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register